Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > IP / Web Question

Reply
Thread Tools

IP / Web Question

 
 
Tony R.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-06-2004
Not strictly MCSE related, but you guys may be able to
help me out...

Is there anyway of finding out the geographical location
of a website from its IP address?

Cheers,
Tony
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Argus
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-06-2004

>-----Original Message-----
>Not strictly MCSE related, but you guys may be able to
>help me out...
>
>Is there anyway of finding out the geographical location
>of a website from its IP address?
>
>Cheers,
>Tony
>.
>

Not all domains info are public but there are a couple of
site that will tell you.
http://www.domainname.com/WhoIs.html (the one i use)
http://www.whoisview.com/products/whoisview/ (another i
havent tried yet)

what is the domain you want to know about
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Andy Foster
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-06-2004
"Tony R." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:67bb01c493e5$01edebe0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Not strictly MCSE related, but you guys may be able to
> help me out...
>
> Is there anyway of finding out the geographical location
> of a website from its IP address?
>


http://www.ripe.net/ripencc/pub-serv...ois/whois.html
http://ww2.arin.net/whois/
http://www.apnic.net/search/index.html


 
Reply With Quote
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-06-2004
Have you tryed to use google yourself???
>-----Original Message-----
>Not strictly MCSE related, but you guys may be able to
>help me out...
>
>Is there anyway of finding out the geographical location
>of a website from its IP address?
>
>Cheers,
>Tony
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
SteveB
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-06-2004
the simplest thing to do is to run tracert - usually the router names will
identify the city they are located in.

"Tony R." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:67bb01c493e5$01edebe0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Not strictly MCSE related, but you guys may be able to
> help me out...
>
> Is there anyway of finding out the geographical location
> of a website from its IP address?
>
> Cheers,
> Tony



 
Reply With Quote
 
Rowdy Yates
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-07-2004
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:06b801c49418$26317d40
$(E-Mail Removed):

> Have you tryed to use google yourself???


is that a trick question?

--
Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
http://rowdy_yates2.tripod.com/
"If it doesn't sleep, doesn't eat, doesn't take **** breaks and plays poker
24 hours a day - it's a bot!"
 
Reply With Quote
 
Kurt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-07-2004

Take a look at Neotrace. The pro version is now unsupported by Mcafee (they
bought the rights to it), but the freeware Neoworx version is still out
there and works well.

....kurt

"Tony R." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:67bb01c493e5$01edebe0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Not strictly MCSE related, but you guys may be able to
> help me out...
>
> Is there anyway of finding out the geographical location
> of a website from its IP address?
>
> Cheers,
> Tony



 
Reply With Quote
 
Neil
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-07-2004
babbling on and on again Rowdy Yates
<(E-Mail Removed)> spewed in
news:Xns955CEA5DF6C87rowdyyates2123@207.46.248.16:

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:06b801c49418

$26317d40
> $(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Have you tryed to use google yourself???

>
> is that a trick question?
>


I did (googled, myself)....appearently I'm dead....

--
Neil MCNGP #30
the "curious" hair on the soap of society
 
Reply With Quote
 
molsonexpert
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-07-2004

"Neil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns955D55FC359C5neilmcsehotmailcom@207.46.248 .16...
> babbling on and on again Rowdy Yates
> <(E-Mail Removed)> spewed in
> news:Xns955CEA5DF6C87rowdyyates2123@207.46.248.16:
>
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:06b801c49418

> $26317d40
> > $(E-Mail Removed):
> >
> >> Have you tryed to use google yourself???

> >
> > is that a trick question?
> >

>
> I did (googled, myself)....appearently I'm dead....
>
> --
> Neil MCNGP #30
> the "curious" hair on the soap of society


Yeah, and I'm a New Zealand rugby player.

steve.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Neil
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-07-2004
babbling on and on again "molsonexpert" <(E-Mail Removed)> spewed in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

>
> "Neil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns955D55FC359C5neilmcsehotmailcom@207.46.248 .16...
>> babbling on and on again Rowdy Yates
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> spewed in
>> news:Xns955CEA5DF6C87rowdyyates2123@207.46.248.16:
>>
>> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:06b801c49418

>> $26317d40
>> > $(E-Mail Removed):
>> >
>> >> Have you tryed to use google yourself???
>> >
>> > is that a trick question?
>> >

>>
>> I did (googled, myself)....appearently I'm dead....
>>
>> --
>> Neil MCNGP #30
>> the "curious" hair on the soap of society

>
> Yeah, and I'm a New Zealand rugby player.
>
> steve.
>
>
>


yes but I've died repeatedly. back in 1994 and in 1872...next time I'm
coming back as a billionaire..

--
Neil MCNGP #30
the "curious" hair on the soap of society
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Using Web.config's <system.web><pages><controls><add /></controls></pages></system.web> To Register UserControls Nathan Sokalski ASP .Net 5 01-10-2007 10:50 AM
Visual Web Developer does not support creating Web sites on a SharePoint Web server William LaMartin ASP .Net 0 12-29-2005 04:17 PM
accessing the web user control's control from a web page and set a value from another web page Reny J Joseph Thuthikattu ASP .Net 1 12-30-2004 12:21 PM
Web Clients, the role of ASP.NET and the Future of Web Development and Web Standards Guadala Harry ASP .Net 9 11-06-2004 03:05 AM
Conflicting Web.config between web site and web service Joe ASP .Net 1 10-28-2004 11:14 PM



Advertisments