Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Missing some part of page when printing

Reply
Thread Tools

Missing some part of page when printing

 
 
duzhidian@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-12-2007
Dear all

When I print some web page, for example
http://www.gnu.org/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Html

When I print these two pages, the right side, Key resources... of the
first page and

the left part (directory of wiki)


are missing.

Why ?

I also want to print then out, how to do ?

I am using firefox.

Thanks.

Z. Du

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
John Hosking
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-13-2007
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> When I print some web page, for example
> http://www.gnu.org/
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Html
>
> When I print these two pages, the right side, Key resources... of the
> first page and
> the left part (directory of wiki)
> are missing.
>
> Why ?


Because that's how the webmasters styled their sites. They each have a
separate CSS file for media="print". In Wikipedia's commonPrint.css
file, for example. there's a rule for (among other selectors)
div#column-one
{ /* Hides all the elements irrelevant for printing */
display: none;
}

> I also want to print then out, how to do ?
>
> I am using firefox.


If you have the Web Developer extension installed, you can go to CSS -
Disable Styles - Print Styles to, well, disable the print styles. Note
that the left-side directory on the Wikipedia page shows up way down
after the other content. Note also that disabling the print stylesheet
will affect other aspects of the printed results, not just the
visibility of certain elements.

--
John
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jonathan N. Little
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-13-2007
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Dear all
>
> When I print some web page, for example
> http://www.gnu.org/
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Html
>
> When I print these two pages, the right side, Key resources... of the
> first page and
>
> the left part (directory of wiki)
>
>
> are missing.
>
> Why ?



@media print {
.navbox {
display: none;
}
}

It is set not to print


Just disable the style before you print, in Firefox "View > Page Style >
No Style"

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
brochure printing,online yearbook,printing,books printing,publishing elie Computer Support 2 11-27-2010 12:12 PM
brochure printing,online yearbook,printing,books printing,publishing elie Computer Support 0 08-21-2007 05:52 AM
brochure printing,online yearbook,printing,books printing,publishing elie Computer Support 0 08-21-2007 05:50 AM
brochure printing,online yearbook,printing,books printing,publishing elie Computer Support 0 08-21-2007 05:28 AM
brochure printing,online yearbook,printing,books printing,publishing elie Computer Support 0 08-18-2007 10:11 AM



Advertisments