Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > you tube vids

you tube vids

George

Is there a way to save you tube videos? Also, how can I search the
archives in OE?

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"George" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is there a way to save you tube videos?

Use Opera it makes it much simpler www.opera,com
after a video has played (any video) you goto the Cache4 directory and
grab it.
opr1UG4B.flv is a youtube video you just need to rename it
opr1UG4B.tmp is also a youtube video - (check the size, rename)

Again www.opera.com
http://groups.google.com/group/24hou...k/topics?hl=en
--
IK Project
http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=12321

Ian Jackson

In message <XSo1i.161737$(E-Mail Removed)>, George
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>Is there a way to save you tube videos? Also, how can I search the
>archives in OE?

There are several ways of saving YouTube videos. Here's one way.
Assuming you are using Internet Explorer:

When you play the video, after the red progress bar at the bottom has
reached the right hand side, look in you Temporary Internet Files
folder. There should be a large file in there with a gobbledegook name
(typically 10MB, depending on the length of the video). It will have a
time corresponding to the when you started playing the video.

Copy this file to you chosen folder. Its name will have changed to
'getvideo[1]'. Rename it (I usually copy the title that appears above
the video), and add the extension '.flv'.

There are several free programs which will play flv files. I use VLC
player.

Ian.

Lookout

On Sat, 12 May 2007 14:49:49 -0500, "George" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Is there a way to save you tube videos? Also, how can I search the
>archives in OE?

http://vixy.net/ is an online FLV converter. After it's done you can
download it to your PC.

thanatoid

news:(E-Mail Removed):

> "George" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Is there a way to save you tube videos?

> Use Opera it makes it much simpler www.opera,com
> after a video has played (any video) you goto the Cache4
> directory and grab it.
> opr1UG4B.flv is a youtube video you just need to rename it
> opr1UG4B.tmp is also a youtube video - (check the size,
> rename)

IME, the extension flv is usually replaced by swf or as you
said, tmp. Rename to flv etc.

>> Also, how can I search the
>>archives in OE?

Anyone who uses IE/OE is stupid or insane. (It's been a while
since I had a chance to say that.) Also, AFAIK (since I am
neither totally stupid or totally insane and therefore do not
use IE/OE), IE does not save the streaming videos at all, even
assuming you could find them with Windows "Explorer".

George

Lookout wrote:
> On Sat, 12 May 2007 14:49:49 -0500, "George" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to save you tube videos? Also, how can I search the
>> archives in OE?
>>

> http://vixy.net/ is an online FLV converter. After it's done you can
> download it to your PC.

Thanks - this one worked!

Scraggy

George wrote:
> Is there a way to save you tube videos? Also, how can I search the
> archives in OE?

Use this(or silmilar sites):

http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php

Copy & paste the youtube or whatever, link. This will open the standard
Windows Save/Run dialog box, name the file and add the .flv extension.

Then use this;

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

to covert it to whatever format suits you best. It will also extract the
soundtrack to mp3/ogg/aac etc format.

members. Groucho Marx

Lookout

On Sun, 13 May 2007 09:54:29 +0100, "Scraggy"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>George wrote:
>> Is there a way to save you tube videos? Also, how can I search the
>> archives in OE?

>Use this(or silmilar sites):
>
>http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php
>
>Copy & paste the youtube or whatever, link. This will open the standard
>Windows Save/Run dialog box, name the file and add the .flv extension.
>
>Then use this;
>
>http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html
>
>to covert it to whatever format suits you best. It will also extract the
>soundtrack to mp3/ogg/aac etc format.

http://vixy.net/ this one does both at the same time. No need for 2
sites.

Justme Athome

I used VIXY.NET and after a few minutes it DID produce an avi file to
download, but when I tried to play the file all I got was the
SOUND...no picture. What gives?

On Sun, 13 May 2007 08:06:22 -0500, Lookout <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Sun, 13 May 2007 09:54:29 +0100, "Scraggy"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>George wrote:
>>> Is there a way to save you tube videos? Also, how can I search the
>>> archives in OE?

>>Use this(or silmilar sites):
>>
>>http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php
>>
>>Copy & paste the youtube or whatever, link. This will open the standard
>>Windows Save/Run dialog box, name the file and add the .flv extension.
>>
>>Then use this;
>>
>>http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html
>>
>>to covert it to whatever format suits you best. It will also extract the
>>soundtrack to mp3/ogg/aac etc format.

>http://vixy.net/ this one does both at the same time. No need for 2
>sites.

Lookout

You're missing the proper CODEC. Google CODECs to learn about them.