Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > I can access a laptop from a desktop using a wireless conection

I can access a laptop from a desktop using a wireless conection

=?Utf-8?B?dG9tYmNhdDE0MjAwMA==?=

I am using a linksys broadband router, and I have two computers. A lapton on
the living room which is conectes via a ethernet cable to the router and a
desktop in the bedroom which is conected to the router thorough a motorola
usb wireless adapter. From the laptop (wired) I can see the desktop and
access from it the shared files, but from the desktop (wireless) I see the
laptop, but I can acces any of the files, I always get the message: "
.......(name of pc) is not accesible you might not have permission to use this
network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you
have access permisions. The server is not started"
By the way both computer access succesfully the internet.
Thanks
--
eortega007

=?Utf-8?B?R2NvcnB1eg==?=

Make sure the laptop has "File and Printer Sharing" is enabled thru your
network connections..

Do you have any firewall on this lapto? If yes, by default, Port 135, 137
and 139 is disabled, you might have to trust the desktop...

Hope this helps...