Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows 6.x update problem

Windows 6.x update problem

itma

Running Win2k. Have updates set to inform me but only install when I'm
ready. When click update icon the install update window pops up and says
update ready to install. Click install and the window disappears and the
icon returns to taskbar and sits there but no updates installed and
icon remains in taskbar. Any help?

itma

lextechky@gmail.com

I had major probs with win update mysefl yesterday, first I wouold go
to the control panel and turn automatic updates off for now ( you can
turn it back on later) then I would go to microsoft . com or just
click on windows update from Tools->>Windows Update from within
Internet Explorer and do a manual update, see if that works any better.