Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > strange error during stress test (asp.net compilation-problem???)

strange error during stress test (asp.net compilation-problem???)

f0zzyNUE@googlemail.com

hi everyone,

currently we are testing the performance our application (asp.net
based CMS) ... for that reason we wrote a "spider" that starts
webrequests for all relevant pages which results in filling the
pageoutputcache on server side.

so far so good. if we start one spider at once our application works
fine, but if we run more than one spider tool at the same time the
asp.net process works for a few minutes returning correct http output.
but suddenly (about 2-4 minutes after the spiders are started) stops
working correctly as only server errors are returned.
to bring the application back to a correct state we have to restart
the whole asp.net application.

the exception that is thrown is an IndexOutOfRangeException. but it
doesnot seem to happen within our code, but before: during the page
compilation (see the stacktrace below from the eventlog-entry)

our script is called desktopdefault.aspx.

Eventlog-entry of the error:
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0
Event Category: Web Event
Event ID: 1309
Date: 10.05.2007
Time: 17:29:51
User: N/A
Computer: QS2
Event code: 3005
Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.
Event time: 10.05.2007 17:29:51
Event time (UTC): 10.05.2007 15:29:51
Event ID: 455397a4eb014ebe806b633e87b7e670
Event sequence: 799
Event occurrence: 389
Event detail code: 0

Application information:
Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1401838085/
Root-1-128232843961175348
Trust level: Full
Application Virtual Path: /
Application Path: D:\codebase\
Machine name: QS2

Process information:
Process ID: 2836
Process name: w3wp.exe
Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Exception information:
Exception type: IndexOutOfRangeException
Exception message: Der Index war außerhalb des Arraybereichs.

Request information:
Request URL: http://192.168.10.13/desktopdefault.aspx
Request path: /desktopdefault.aspx
User host address: 192.168.10.42
User:
Is authenticated: False
Authentication Type:
Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Thread information:
Thread ID: 7
Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
Is impersonating: False
Stack trace: at System.Collections.ArrayList.Add(Object value)
at DesktopDefault..ctor() in C:\build\src
\DesktopDefault.aspx.vb:line 0
at ASP.desktopdefault_aspx..ctor()
at
__ASP.FastObjectFactory_app_web_weim_8ax.Create_AS P_desktopdefault_aspx()
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildResultCompiledType.Cre ateInstance()
at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstance FromVirtualPath(VirtualPath
virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean
allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert)
at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper( HttpContext
context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String
physicalPath)
at
System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.System.Web.IHttpH andlerFactory2.GetHandler(HttpContext
context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String
physicalPath)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpCont ext context,
String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean
useAppConfig)
at
System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHandlerExecutionStep .System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute ()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step,
Boolean& completedSynchronously)

any ideas what goes wrong and what we could do to avoid this error ???

thanx in advance
CHris

bruce barker

the error is in the constructor of the page. asp.net is trying to create
an instance of the page, and the class constructor is thowing an error.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

f0zzyNUE@googlemail.com

On 11 Mai, 17:35, bruce barker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> the error is in the constructor of the page. asp.net is trying to create
> an instance of the page, and the class constructor is thowing an error.

the thing is: the script desktopdefault.aspx or the codebehind is
inherited from system.web.ui.page and no implicit constructor is
implemented by us. therefore i am unable to dig into the cause of the
error which persists after the first occurance ...

any other ideas ?