Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > You're unlikely to remember this...

You're unlikely to remember this...

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

R鬵阹 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>But several years ago I posted a message to this group telling about how
>awful this new drug on the market was. It was OxyContin. By and large I
>got rode out of town on a rail, metaphorically speaking. Check this news
>article out:
>http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18591261/
>
>This comes too late to save the lives of several people I knew. And the
>sleepy little town I've lived in pretty much all my life has been
>through hell because of it. But it's at least something like a victory.

I just finished a few months supply of Oxycodone, with no problems.

But this is the weird part, I asked if there was going to be a problem
with me getting too used to them; I was told no that's OxyContin.

OxyContin is a timed release of Oxycodone, why timed release is a
problem??

--
Paperback Writer
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nmF7wb2pIiM

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

But several years ago I posted a message to this group telling about how
awful this new drug on the market was. It was OxyContin. By and large I
got rode out of town on a rail, metaphorically speaking. Check this news
article out:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18591261/

This comes too late to save the lives of several people I knew. And the
sleepy little town I've lived in pretty much all my life has been
through hell because of it. But it's at least something like a victory.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

> R鬵阹 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>But several years ago I posted a message to this group telling about how
>>awful this new drug on the market was. It was OxyContin. By and large I
>>got rode out of town on a rail, metaphorically speaking. Check this news
>>article out:
>>http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18591261/
>>
>>This comes too late to save the lives of several people I knew. And the
>>sleepy little town I've lived in pretty much all my life has been
>>through hell because of it. But it's at least something like a victory.

> I just finished a few months supply of Oxycodone, with no problems.
>
> But this is the weird part, I asked if there was going to be a problem
> with me getting too used to them; I was told no that's OxyContin.
>
> OxyContin is a timed release of Oxycodone, why timed release is a
> problem??

The problem was that if you crushed it, if you snorted it, if you chewed
it, if you did anything except follow the instructions to the exact
letter, it was no longer time release. It was and is probably the most
addictive drug ever released on an unsuspecting public. Of course the
drug company (Purdue) and the doctors blamed the users for abusing it.
Meanwhile they were reaping huge, immense profits. And people were
dying. Far more than that figure quoted because of overdose.

Leythos

On Thu, 10 May 2007 22:30:23 -0400, R么g锚r wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> R么g锚r <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>But several years ago I posted a message to this group telling about
>>>how awful this new drug on the market was. It was OxyContin. By and
>>>large I got rode out of town on a rail, metaphorically speaking. Check
>>>this news article out:
>>>http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18591261/
>>>
>>>This comes too late to save the lives of several people I knew. And the
>>>sleepy little town I've lived in pretty much all my life has been
>>>through hell because of it. But it's at least something like a victory.

>> I just finished a few months supply of Oxycodone, with no problems.
>>
>> But this is the weird part, I asked if there was going to be a problem
>> with me getting too used to them; I was told no that's OxyContin.
>>
>> OxyContin is a timed release of Oxycodone, why timed release is a
>> problem??

> The problem was that if you crushed it, if you snorted it, if you chewed
> it, if you did anything except follow the instructions to the exact
> letter, it was no longer time release. It was and is probably the most
> addictive drug ever released on an unsuspecting public. Of course the
> drug company (Purdue) and the doctors blamed the users for abusing it.
> Meanwhile they were reaping huge, immense profits. And people were
> dying. Far more than that figure quoted because of overdose.

So, are the deaths related to improper use or for people that clearly
followed the directions and warnings?

*** WARNING - this links contains foul/pornographic content of an
website ***
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/leythos.htm
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/bughunter.htm

=?UTF-8?B?UsO0Z8Oqcg==?=

Leythos wrote:
> On Thu, 10 May 2007 22:30:23 -0400, R么g锚r wrote:
>

>>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>>>I just finished a few months supply of Oxycodone, with no problems.
>>>
>>>But this is the weird part, I asked if there was going to be a problem
>>>with me getting too used to them; I was told no that's OxyContin.
>>>
>>>OxyContin is a timed release of Oxycodone, why timed release is a
>>>problem??

>>The problem was that if you crushed it, if you snorted it, if you chewed
>>it, if you did anything except follow the instructions to the exact
>>letter, it was no longer time release. It was and is probably the most
>>addictive drug ever released on an unsuspecting public. Of course the
>>drug company (Purdue) and the doctors blamed the users for abusing it.
>>Meanwhile they were reaping huge, immense profits. And people were
>>dying. Far more than that figure quoted because of overdose.

> So, are the deaths related to improper use or for people that clearly
> followed the directions and warnings?

The deaths are related to a drug company, even after being warned by the
physicians that were prescribing it, even after news articles were
appearing in the press and on TV, continued to reward the physicians who
were writing the most prescriptions. Don't ask questions, write the
****ing scripts.

Of course people were and still are abusing the drug. Have you ever
heard of marijuana? People are told not to use it but they still do.
Same with Oxy, they now know it can be dangerous but it's addictive
qualities are just completely off the scale, widely regarded to be far
worse than heroin, crack or any other drug-de-jour.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Frosty wrote:
> On Thu, 10 May 2007 21:25:12 -0400 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk R鬵阹
> <(E-Mail Removed)>, intended to write something intelligible, but
> instead wrote :
>

>>But several years ago I posted a message to this group telling about how
>>awful this new drug on the market was. It was OxyContin. By and large I
>>got rode out of town on a rail, metaphorically speaking. Check this news
>>article out:
>>http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18591261/
>>
>>This comes too late to save the lives of several people I knew. And the
>>sleepy little town I've lived in pretty much all my life has been
>>through hell because of it. But it's at least something like a victory.

> Why do people insist on blaming substances for their behaviors?
> I have a whole bottle of this drug in my cabinet right now. Got it for
> some oral surgery I had awhile back. It, like other opiates, will keep
> indefinitely. I keep it for pain. And I'm not addicted or abusing it,
> though I certainly could if I chose to.

Why do people not recognize that there are people dying in far too great
a number all around them? Oh, they didn't read the label or they ignored
some rule, okay, then let the ****ers die. Doesn't matter if they are
otherwise law-abiding citizens, doesn't matter if they are loved by many
family members and neighbors. Go ahead, just screw up once and you
deserve to die.

Leythos

On Thu, 10 May 2007 22:45:27 -0400, R么g锚r wrote:

>> So, are the deaths related to improper use or for people that clearly
>> followed the directions and warnings?
>>

> The deaths are related to a drug company, even after being warned by the
> physicians that were prescribing it, even after news articles were
> appearing in the press and on TV, continued to reward the physicians who
> were writing the most prescriptions. Don't ask questions, write the
> ****ing scripts.

And it appears you didn't answer the question - does that mean you don't
know the answer?

> Of course people were and still are abusing the drug. Have you ever
> heard of marijuana? People are told not to use it but they still do.
> Same with Oxy, they now know it can be dangerous but it's addictive
> qualities are just completely off the scale, widely regarded to be far
> worse than heroin, crack or any other drug-de-jour.

So, since you didn't answer, that might indicate that you don't know if
people follow the directions if the drug is safe. At the same time it
seems to indicate you have a beef that may not be founded in rational
thought - unless the deaths are proven to happen to responsible takers of
the medication, unless there is a clear unwarranted death caused by
properly taking the drug, then it appears it was NOT the fault of the
drug company.

You seen to be advocating that people should not be responsible for their
actions, only corporations should be responsible - fact is, in the real
world, all people need to be held accountable for their OWN actions and
stupid decisions.

Leythos wrote:
> On Thu, 10 May 2007 22:45:27 -0400, R么g锚r wrote:
>
>>>So, are the deaths related to improper use or for people that clearly
>>>followed the directions and warnings?
>>>

>>The deaths are related to a drug company, even after being warned by the
>>physicians that were prescribing it, even after news articles were
>>appearing in the press and on TV, continued to reward the physicians who
>>were writing the most prescriptions. Don't ask questions, write the
>>****ing scripts.

> And it appears you didn't answer the question - does that mean you don't
> know the answer?
>

>>Of course people were and still are abusing the drug. Have you ever
>>heard of marijuana? People are told not to use it but they still do.
>>Same with Oxy, they now know it can be dangerous but it's addictive
>>qualities are just completely off the scale, widely regarded to be far
>>worse than heroin, crack or any other drug-de-jour.

> So, since you didn't answer, that might indicate that you don't know if
> people follow the directions if the drug is safe. At the same time it
> seems to indicate you have a beef that may not be founded in rational
> thought - unless the deaths are proven to happen to responsible takers of
> the medication, unless there is a clear unwarranted death caused by
> properly taking the drug, then it appears it was NOT the fault of the
> drug company.
>
> You seen to be advocating that people should not be responsible for their
> actions, only corporations should be responsible - fact is, in the real
> world, all people need to be held accountable for their OWN actions and
> stupid decisions.

And you certainly appear to be too stupid to understand a simple
concept, the makers of the drug pleaded guilty in federal court and
agreed to pay a fine of over $600 million. Have you ever paid a fine
similar to this? Why would they plead guilty, oh wise insolent asshole?
Because *I* want them to?

They were making a deadly drug and making big profits because of its
addictiveness. Sure, they printed on the label "don't do this, don't do
that" but once the individual was addicted that individual was/is
perfectly willing to kill to get more of the drug.

**** off with your stupid logic and high-handed judgemental attitude.
You certainly don't impress me.

Meat Plow

On Thu, 10 May 2007 21:25:12 -0400, R鬵阹 wrote:

> But several years ago I posted a message to this group telling about how
> awful this new drug on the market was. It was OxyContin. By and large I
> got rode out of town on a rail, metaphorically speaking. Check this news
> article out:
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18591261/
>
> This comes too late to save the lives of several people I knew. And the
> sleepy little town I've lived in pretty much all my life has been
> through hell because of it. But it's at least something like a victory.

My doc calls it Hillbilly Heroin. I take 40mg oxy on occasion. Have a
prescription for 60, use as needed. That script is 3 months old and I
still have 55 pills left. The problem isn't with the drug, it's with the
****wit cretins who buy them on the street, chew up a time release pill
then die.

#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
#1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
#10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
COOSN-266-06-25794

=?windows-1252?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Meat Plow wrote:
> On Thu, 10 May 2007 21:25:12 -0400, R鬵阹 wrote:
>

>>But several years ago I posted a message to this group telling about how
>>awful this new drug on the market was. It was OxyContin. By and large I
>>got rode out of town on a rail, metaphorically speaking. Check this news
>>article out:
>>http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18591261/
>>
>>This comes too late to save the lives of several people I knew. And the
>>sleepy little town I've lived in pretty much all my life has been
>>through hell because of it. But it's at least something like a victory.

> My doc calls it Hillbilly Heroin. I take 40mg oxy on occasion. Have a
> prescription for 60, use as needed. That script is 3 months old and I
> still have 55 pills left. The problem isn't with the drug, it's with the
> ****wit cretins who buy them on the street, chew up a time release pill
> then die.

Your doctor could just as easily say "It's nothing but a (N-word), let
'em die".