Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: AVG vs. AVAST vs. NOD32

Re: AVG vs. AVAST vs. NOD32

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Muse Groops <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> >> Why?

> > IMON, download something from this site (under collection)
> > http://vx.netlux.org/ NOD32 will stop the download.
> >
> > Your AV will download it, and you have to scan the file or run it to
> > be warned.

>But Avast has an real time scanner... Wait, so your basically saying
>that nod32's on demand scanner recognizes the virus faster than most of
>the other AVs?

Never run Avast "Real-time HTTP scanner" might be the equivalent of
IMON - download some files from the site and see.

Download them to your TEMP directory and delete when done
--
Paperback Writer
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nmF7wb2pIiM

Muse Groops

> Muse Groops <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>> Neither. Get Nod32.

>> Why?

> IMON, download something from this site (under collection)
> http://vx.netlux.org/ NOD32 will stop the download.
>
> Your AV will download it, and you have to scan the file or run it to
> be warned.

But Avast has an real time scanner... Wait, so your basically saying
that nod32's on demand scanner recognizes the virus faster than most of
the other AVs?

Mr. Arnold

"Muse Groops" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:46437882$0$9888$(E-Mail Removed)...
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> >> Why?

> > IMON, download something from this site (under collection)
> > http://vx.netlux.org/ NOD32 will stop the download.
> >
> > Your AV will download it, and you have to scan the file or run it to
> > be warned.

> But Avast has an real time scanner... Wait, so your basically saying that
> nod32's on demand scanner recognizes the virus faster than most of the
> other AVs?

NOD32 as 4 online scanners.

Amon
Dmon
Emon
Imon

Imon will look at HTTP traffic, like between the browser and a Web site. If
it detects anomalies, then it will stop it and allow one to terminate the
HTTP connection, therefore, it never reaches the computer.

http://www.eset.com/support/faq1.php?id=1099

Mr. Arnold

"Muse Groops" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:46437882$0$9888$(E-Mail Removed)...
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> >> Why?

> > IMON, download something from this site (under collection)
> > http://vx.netlux.org/ NOD32 will stop the download.
> >
> > Your AV will download it, and you have to scan the file or run it to
> > be warned.

> But Avast has an real time scanner... Wait, so your basically saying that
> nod32's on demand scanner recognizes the virus faster than most of the
> other AVs?

http://www.eset.com/support/faq1.php?id=1099

NOD32 allows you just terminate the connection if something is detected. It
never reaches the machine.

NOD32 also has Amon, Dmon and Emon.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Muse Groops <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Muse Groops <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> <snip>

>just clicked on the link on IMON definition

What do you do that takes most of your post out of the thread?
--

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Muse Groops <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>>> IMON, download something from this site (under collection)
>>> http://vx.netlux.org/ NOD32 will stop the download.
>>>
>>> Your AV will download it, and you have to scan the file or run it to
>>> be warned.

>> But Avast has an real time scanner... Wait, so your basically saying
>> that nod32's on demand scanner recognizes the virus faster than most of
>> the other AVs?

> Never run Avast "Real-time HTTP scanner" might be the equivalent of
> IMON - download some files from the site and see.

<snip>
Pardon my ignorance BUT, what does IMON stand for?

Thanks

Muse Groops

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Muse Groops <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>> just clicked on the link on IMON definition

> What do you do that takes most of your post out of the thread?

Take my thought processes (as my friend MISS DAVID put it)

*beyond the beyond*

to the land of tripalillies and lawn gnomes.

and a little ADHD doesn't hurt either...

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Muse Groops <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> just clicked on the link on IMON definition

>> What do you do that takes most of your post out of the thread?

>Take my thought processes (as my friend MISS DAVID put it)
>
>*beyond the beyond*
>
>to the land of tripalillies and lawn gnomes.

Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey

>and a little ADHD doesn't hurt either...

Got Kids

--
Superstar
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zc3C4zDdOXk