Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Networking Confusion

Wireless Networking Confusion

=?Utf-8?B?QXNjZXJ0YWluMjA=?=

We have a La Fonera router that broadcasts beautifully, but no internet.
We've been having confusion as to how to set up one of the routers to
broadcast a wireless signal from our main desktop computer to 2 laptops and a
Nintendo Wii. We can get internet on the main computer, but we can't get
internet on the other computers. Any help?

Also, we have a D-Link DI-524 (revision A1) router which we're having
trouble with as well trying to get internet while broadcasting a wireless
signal to the other devices I mentioned.

Also, does anyone know how to install firmware for the D-Link router without
the disk, but still have the firmware on the desktop?

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Almost all Routers can be log into by using the browser (I.E.) typing into
the address bar the Router's core address.
Default D-Link 524 is http://192.168.0.1 User= admin password blank (i.e no
pw).
Once you are in the menu find the entry for Firmware upgrade.
As for Internet connection.
May be this can Help.
Cable Internet, http://www.ezlan.net/broadband.html
DSL, http://www.ezlan.net/PPPOE.html