Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > RE: keyword checker - keyword.kwlist

RE: keyword checker - keyword.kwlist

Hamilton, William

> From: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
> F:\Ohjelmat\Python25\Lib\keyword.pyc

That's your problem. Rename keyword.py to keywordcheck.py, and delete
keyword.pyc in this directory, and it should work fine.

---
-Bill Hamilton

tom@finland.com

Hamilton, William kirjoitti:
>> From: (E-Mail Removed)
>> F:\Ohjelmat\Python25\Lib\keyword.pyc

> That's your problem. Rename keyword.py to keywordcheck.py, and delete
> keyword.pyc in this directory, and it should work fine.
>
> ---
> -Bill Hamilton

I tried the trick but the error stays. I really don't know what to do
anymore.

And what about the print function. Why does it print newline even if
there is colon after variable? I'm lost.

I'm using Eclipe enviroment and Pydev for it. My python interpreter is
2.5.1.

Gabriel Genellina

En Thu, 10 May 2007 17:03:13 -0300, <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió:

> I tried the trick but the error stays. I really don't know what to do
> anymore.
>
> And what about the print function. Why does it print newline even if
> there is colon after variable? I'm lost.
>
> I'm using Eclipe enviroment and Pydev for it. My python interpreter is
> 2.5.1.

To see exactly what you get, use repr(my_input). I think that you will get
'else\n'
Try again using

my_input = raw_input("...").strip()

as Peter Otten suggested before

--
Gabriel Genellina

tom@finland.com

Gabriel Genellina kirjoitti:
> En Thu, 10 May 2007 17:03:13 -0300, <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió:
> my_input = raw_input("...").strip()
>
> as Peter Otten suggested before
>
> --Gabriel Genellina

Ok, it seems to work with strip(). Thanks for your help.

Do you guys have any clue why mine previous code doesn't work?

tom@finland.com

(E-Mail Removed) kirjoitti:
> Gabriel Genellina kirjoitti:
>> En Thu, 10 May 2007 17:03:13 -0300, <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió:
>> my_input = raw_input("...").strip()
>>
>> as Peter Otten suggested before
>>
>> --Gabriel Genellina
>>

> Ok, it seems to work with strip(). Thanks for your help.
>
> Do you guys have any clue why mine previous code doesn't work?

Oh, repr() function revealed the issue. Thank you all!