Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Tool to capture and "replay" IIS/ASP.NET traffic?

Tool to capture and "replay" IIS/ASP.NET traffic?

Derrick

Can anyone suggest a tool (if one exists) to capture IIS traffic and be able
to "replay" that traffic?

We are in the process of moving from sql2k to sql2005. What I would like to
do is take a snapshot of the sql2k db, start iis logging, and let the prod
site run for a few hours capturing all that traffic, then take another snap
of the sql2k db. Then, in a test environment, I'd like to take the
initial db, load to 2005, and then run the iis traffic to see what happens,
compare databases, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Derrick

Kevin Spencer

Check out Ethereal: http://www.ethereal.com/

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP

Printing Components, Email Components,
http://www.miradyne.net

"Derrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone suggest a tool (if one exists) to capture IIS traffic and be
> able to "replay" that traffic?
>
> We are in the process of moving from sql2k to sql2005. What I would like
> to do is take a snapshot of the sql2k db, start iis logging, and let the
> prod site run for a few hours capturing all that traffic, then take
> another snap of the sql2k db. Then, in a test environment, I'd like to
> take the initial db, load to 2005, and then run the iis traffic to see
> what happens, compare databases, etc.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Derrick

You'll probably find the free Fiddler tool to be useful:
http://www.fiddler2.com/fiddler2/

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr,