Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > [.Net 2.0 / Ajax.Net] Tab order / current position lost?

[.Net 2.0 / Ajax.Net] Tab order / current position lost?

Rob Meade

Dear all,

I have a form where three drop down menu's are populated based on the
selection of another, my problem is that when this happens the cursor is
always returned to the top of the form, ie, a text box at the top.

What could/should I do in order to remember the position, ie, if I select a
value in the drop down menu (any of them)? I would normally expect that
value to be highlighted and remain selected until I either clicked away or
tabbed away.

It's only a minor detail but its annoying from my form testing perspective
and thus will be an inconvenience to my users.

Thanks in advance for any/all help.

Regards

Rob

Jon Paal [MSMD]

if user selection causes a postback, then pickup the form value selected and use it to reset the selected values in the pageload.

"Rob Meade" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear all,
>
> I have a form where three drop down menu's are populated based on the selection of another, my problem is that when this happens
> the cursor is always returned to the top of the form, ie, a text box at the top.
>
> What could/should I do in order to remember the position, ie, if I select a value in the drop down menu (any of them)? I would
> normally expect that value to be highlighted and remain selected until I either clicked away or tabbed away.
>
> It's only a minor detail but its annoying from my form testing perspective and thus will be an inconvenience to my users.
>
> Thanks in advance for any/all help.
>
> Regards
>
> Rob

carion1

myForm.DefaultFocus = "controlNameGoesHere";

On May 10, 3:53 am, "Rob Meade" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have a form where three drop down menu's are populated based on the
> selection of another, my problem is that when this happens the cursor is
> always returned to the top of the form, ie, a text box at the top.
>
> What could/should I do in order to remember the position, ie, if I select a
> value in the drop down menu (any of them)? I would normally expect that
> value to be highlighted and remain selected until I either clicked away or
> tabbed away.
>
> It's only a minor detail but its annoying from my form testing perspective
> and thus will be an inconvenience to my users.
>
> Thanks in advance for any/all help.
>
> Regards
>
> Rob

Rob Meade