Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Device Manager, System Services and Disk Mgmt are Empty!

Device Manager, System Services and Disk Mgmt are Empty!

=?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=

Hi,

I have Windows XP Pro X64, SATA.

I went into Safe Mode to run some anti-virus programs. No problems were
found so nothing was deleted. When I returned to normal mode, my computer
was completely changed. I received this message two times when I rebooted:
"OneTouch: Can't enumerate devices." and then "Disk Management: Invalid value
for registry. No services." All of my settings were changed also (font,
scrollbar, and icon sizes, colors, etc).

Device Manager, Disk Management and System Services are empty. When I click
on My Computer and click on Manage, nothing happens. My connection to the
internet is no longer there and I can't make another connection. If I click
on My Computer, it opens up my drives and I can access all of my files,
though. Many of my programs don't work and the few that do work move
approximately 90% slower than normal.

Can someone help me?

--
Denise

~ If you don't know where you came from, you won't know where you're going.

=?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=

I decided to repair Windows so that this problem has been resolved.