Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Interpretation of warning message

Interpretation of warning message

Brain Dead

I'm trying to fill out a form and get this pop up:
"Although this page is encrypted the information you have entered is
to be sent over an unencrypted connection and could easily be read by
a third party".

I guess I'm confused. If the page is encrypted, how could it be read
or am I misinterpreting?

thanks.

Moz Champion (Dan)

Brain Dead wrote:
> I'm trying to fill out a form and get this pop up:
> "Although this page is encrypted the information you have entered is
> to be sent over an unencrypted connection and could easily be read by
> a third party".
>
> I guess I'm confused. If the page is encrypted, how could it be read
> or am I misinterpreting?
>
> thanks.

the page is encrypted, but whatever you send won't be

you can read the page because your browser has been provided with the
encryption algorythym to read it.

On May 9, 5:39 am, Brain Dead wrote:
> I'm trying to fill out a form and get this pop up:
> "Although this page is encrypted the information you have entered is
> to be sent over an unencrypted connection and could easily be read by
> a third party".
>
> I guess I'm confused. If the page is encrypted, how could it be read
> or am I misinterpreting?
>
> thanks.

it means that YOUR connection isn't encrypted; therefore, anyone
between you and that page can read your information, such as your
adddress, your name, you credit card numbers, etc