Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > BlueScreen

BlueScreen

Kue2

Product
Windows

Problem
Shut down unexpectedly

Date
08/05/2007 10:55 AM

Status
Report Sent

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 4105

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
Mini050807-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 50
BCP1: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFE0
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFF80001C59CCA
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
Server information: f5cb4a60-8abc-4e78-ad85-7e7e5a63a454

Anyone got a clue to what is causing this blue screen from the above
data????

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Kue2

You posted the information that is sent to Microsoft using the error
reporting service. This is useless here.

You need to open the event viewer and locate the error message there.

Click Start and type event viewer.exe and in the results, click the Event
Viewer.exe.

In the left pane, expand the Windows Logs and click Applications. Look for
any error level messages that correspond to the time when the blue screen
error occured, in the right pane. When found, double click the error
message. In the dialog box, click the Copy Button on the lower left. Paste
the results back here in a reply.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Product
> Windows
>
> Problem
> Shut down unexpectedly
>
> Date
> 08/05/2007 10:55 AM
>
> Status
> Report Sent
>
> Problem signature
> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
> Locale ID: 4105
>
> Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be
> available)
> Mini050807-01.dmp
> sysdata.xml
> Version.txt
>
> Extra information about the problem
> BCCode: 50
> BCP1: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFE0
> BCP2: 0000000000000000
> BCP3: FFFFF80001C59CCA
> BCP4: 0000000000000000
> OS Version: 6_0_6000
> Service Pack: 0_0
> Product: 256_1
> Server information: f5cb4a60-8abc-4e78-ad85-7e7e5a63a454
>
> Anyone got a clue to what is causing this blue screen from the above
> data????

Kue2

Information 08/05/2007 10:56:06 AM Windows Error Reporting 1001 None

Log Name: Application
Source: Windows Error Reporting
Date: 08/05/2007 10:56:06 AM
Event ID: 1001
Task Category: None
Level: Information
Fault bucket X64_0x50_win32k!xxxCreateDesktopEx+901, type 0
Event Name: BlueScreen
Response: None
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1:
P2:
P3:
P4:
P5:
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini050807-01.dmp
C:\Users\Hugh\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-331296-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Hugh\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE566.tmp.versi on.txt

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive \Report0dfe381a
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Windows Error Reporting" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1001</EventID>
<Level>4</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<EventRecordID>18342</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Hugh-PC-Vista</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>X64_0x50_win32k!xxxCreateDesktopEx+901</Data>
<Data>0</Data>
<Data>BlueScreen</Data>
<Data>None</Data>
<Data>0</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini050807-01.dmp
C:\Users\Hugh\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-331296-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Hugh\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE566.tmp.versi on.txt</Data>
<Data>C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportA rchive\Report0dfe381a</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Kue2
>
> You posted the information that is sent to Microsoft using the error
> reporting service. This is useless here.
>
> You need to open the event viewer and locate the error message there.
>
> Click Start and type event viewer.exe and in the results, click the Event
> Viewer.exe.
>
> In the left pane, expand the Windows Logs and click Applications. Look for
> any error level messages that correspond to the time when the blue screen
> error occured, in the right pane. When found, double click the error
> message. In the dialog box, click the Copy Button on the lower left. Paste
> the results back here in a reply.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Product
>> Windows
>>
>> Problem
>> Shut down unexpectedly
>>
>> Date
>> 08/05/2007 10:55 AM
>>
>> Status
>> Report Sent
>>
>> Problem signature
>> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
>> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
>> Locale ID: 4105
>>
>> Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be
>> available)
>> Mini050807-01.dmp
>> sysdata.xml
>> Version.txt
>>
>> Extra information about the problem
>> BCCode: 50
>> BCP1: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFE0
>> BCP2: 0000000000000000
>> BCP3: FFFFF80001C59CCA
>> BCP4: 0000000000000000
>> OS Version: 6_0_6000
>> Service Pack: 0_0
>> Product: 256_1
>> Server information: f5cb4a60-8abc-4e78-ad85-7e7e5a63a454
>>
>> Anyone got a clue to what is causing this blue screen from the above
>> data????

Chad Harris

Kue 2--

As Ronnie said; and also did you have one unexpected shut down or
several--I know that often Event Viewer provides no useful information but
it is certainly worth trying. Is Vista now running all right for the time
being, or do you have a problem booting to Vista?

CH

"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Product
> Windows
>
> Problem
> Shut down unexpectedly
>
> Date
> 08/05/2007 10:55 AM
>
> Status
> Report Sent
>
> Problem signature
> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
> Locale ID: 4105
>
> Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be
> available)
> Mini050807-01.dmp
> sysdata.xml
> Version.txt
>
> Extra information about the problem
> BCCode: 50
> BCP1: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFE0
> BCP2: 0000000000000000
> BCP3: FFFFF80001C59CCA
> BCP4: 0000000000000000
> OS Version: 6_0_6000
> Service Pack: 0_0
> Product: 256_1
> Server information: f5cb4a60-8abc-4e78-ad85-7e7e5a63a454
>
> Anyone got a clue to what is causing this blue screen from the above
> data????

Kue2

Ronnie:
As far as I know this only happens when my wife tries to log off. It does
not happen if I log off. It appears to happen only when she is logging off.
I set the computer to not to re-boot on error. I may be able to get more
info from the blue screen the next time it happens. It does not happen every
time she logs off. Very strange. This error did not appear in any of the
betas I ran,just in the RTM. I have not changed any hardware since running
the betas.
Any ideas ???

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Kue2
>
> You posted the information that is sent to Microsoft using the error
> reporting service. This is useless here.
>
> You need to open the event viewer and locate the error message there.
>
> Click Start and type event viewer.exe and in the results, click the Event
> Viewer.exe.
>
> In the left pane, expand the Windows Logs and click Applications. Look for
> any error level messages that correspond to the time when the blue screen
> error occured, in the right pane. When found, double click the error
> message. In the dialog box, click the Copy Button on the lower left. Paste
> the results back here in a reply.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Product
>> Windows
>>
>> Problem
>> Shut down unexpectedly
>>
>> Date
>> 08/05/2007 10:55 AM
>>
>> Status
>> Report Sent
>>
>> Problem signature
>> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
>> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
>> Locale ID: 4105
>>
>> Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be
>> available)
>> Mini050807-01.dmp
>> sysdata.xml
>> Version.txt
>>
>> Extra information about the problem
>> BCCode: 50
>> BCP1: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFE0
>> BCP2: 0000000000000000
>> BCP3: FFFFF80001C59CCA
>> BCP4: 0000000000000000
>> OS Version: 6_0_6000
>> Service Pack: 0_0
>> Product: 256_1
>> Server information: f5cb4a60-8abc-4e78-ad85-7e7e5a63a454
>>
>> Anyone got a clue to what is causing this blue screen from the above
>> data????

Kue2

No problem booting to Vista. Vista is stable for me. Blue screen appears
only when my wife logs on & then logs off later. It does not happen all the
time.

"Chad Harris" <vistaneedsmuchowork.net> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Kue 2--
>
> As Ronnie said; and also did you have one unexpected shut down or
> several--I know that often Event Viewer provides no useful information but
> it is certainly worth trying. Is Vista now running all right for the time
> being, or do you have a problem booting to Vista?
>
> CH
>

> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Product
>> Windows
>>
>> Problem
>> Shut down unexpectedly
>>
>> Date
>> 08/05/2007 10:55 AM
>>
>> Status
>> Report Sent
>>
>> Problem signature
>> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
>> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
>> Locale ID: 4105
>>
>> Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be
>> available)
>> Mini050807-01.dmp
>> sysdata.xml
>> Version.txt
>>
>> Extra information about the problem
>> BCCode: 50
>> BCP1: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFE0
>> BCP2: 0000000000000000
>> BCP3: FFFFF80001C59CCA
>> BCP4: 0000000000000000
>> OS Version: 6_0_6000
>> Service Pack: 0_0
>> Product: 256_1
>> Server information: f5cb4a60-8abc-4e78-ad85-7e7e5a63a454
>>
>> Anyone got a clue to what is causing this blue screen from the above
>> data????

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Kue2

The blue screen information may be a better source for the information. The
other information you posted from the event viewer didn't help much, it was
just informational.

Try to recreate the blue screen and post back here with the error info.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User

"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ronnie:
> As far as I know this only happens when my wife tries to log off. It does
> not happen if I log off. It appears to happen only when she is logging
> off. I set the computer to not to re-boot on error. I may be able to get
> more info from the blue screen the next time it happens. It does not
> happen every time she logs off. Very strange. This error did not appear in
> any of the betas I ran,just in the RTM. I have not changed any hardware
> since running the betas.
> Any ideas ???
>

> "Ronnie Vernon MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Kue2
>>
>> You posted the information that is sent to Microsoft using the error
>> reporting service. This is useless here.
>>
>> You need to open the event viewer and locate the error message there.
>>
>> Click Start and type event viewer.exe and in the results, click the
>> Event Viewer.exe.
>>
>> In the left pane, expand the Windows Logs and click Applications. Look
>> for any error level messages that correspond to the time when the blue
>> screen error occured, in the right pane. When found, double click the
>> error message. In the dialog box, click the Copy Button on the lower
>> left. Paste the results back here in a reply.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Ronnie Vernon
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>

>> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Product
>>> Windows
>>>
>>> Problem
>>> Shut down unexpectedly
>>>
>>> Date
>>> 08/05/2007 10:55 AM
>>>
>>> Status
>>> Report Sent
>>>
>>> Problem signature
>>> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
>>> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
>>> Locale ID: 4105
>>>
>>> Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be
>>> available)
>>> Mini050807-01.dmp
>>> sysdata.xml
>>> Version.txt
>>>
>>> Extra information about the problem
>>> BCCode: 50
>>> BCP1: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFE0
>>> BCP2: 0000000000000000
>>> BCP3: FFFFF80001C59CCA
>>> BCP4: 0000000000000000
>>> OS Version: 6_0_6000
>>> Service Pack: 0_0
>>> Product: 256_1
>>> Server information: f5cb4a60-8abc-4e78-ad85-7e7e5a63a454
>>>
>>> Anyone got a clue to what is causing this blue screen from the above
>>> data????

Diamontina Cocktail

2 possibilities:

1) Look at what programs she is using. If she is using anything different to
your logon that runs until the machine is shut down, try those 1 at a time.
Eg, forcibly shut down 1 program and shut down and if that doesn't work, try
another. The program(s) that are different to what you run in your logon may
be corrupted or some file they use is.

2) Your wife's logon is corrupted. Easily fixed. Delete it and then make up
a new one.

"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ronnie:
> As far as I know this only happens when my wife tries to log off. It does
> not happen if I log off. It appears to happen only when she is logging
> off. I set the computer to not to re-boot on error. I may be able to get
> more info from the blue screen the next time it happens. It does not
> happen every time she logs off. Very strange. This error did not appear in
> any of the betas I ran,just in the RTM. I have not changed any hardware
> since running the betas.
> Any ideas ???
>

> "Ronnie Vernon MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Kue2
>>
>> You posted the information that is sent to Microsoft using the error
>> reporting service. This is useless here.
>>
>> You need to open the event viewer and locate the error message there.
>>
>> Click Start and type event viewer.exe and in the results, click the
>> Event Viewer.exe.
>>
>> In the left pane, expand the Windows Logs and click Applications. Look
>> for any error level messages that correspond to the time when the blue
>> screen error occured, in the right pane. When found, double click the
>> error message. In the dialog box, click the Copy Button on the lower
>> left. Paste the results back here in a reply.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Ronnie Vernon
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>

>> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Product
>>> Windows
>>>
>>> Problem
>>> Shut down unexpectedly
>>>
>>> Date
>>> 08/05/2007 10:55 AM
>>>
>>> Status
>>> Report Sent
>>>
>>> Problem signature
>>> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
>>> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
>>> Locale ID: 4105
>>>
>>> Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be
>>> available)
>>> Mini050807-01.dmp
>>> sysdata.xml
>>> Version.txt
>>>
>>> Extra information about the problem
>>> BCCode: 50
>>> BCP1: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFE0
>>> BCP2: 0000000000000000
>>> BCP3: FFFFF80001C59CCA
>>> BCP4: 0000000000000000
>>> OS Version: 6_0_6000
>>> Service Pack: 0_0
>>> Product: 256_1
>>> Server information: f5cb4a60-8abc-4e78-ad85-7e7e5a63a454
>>>
>>> Anyone got a clue to what is causing this blue screen from the above
>>> data????

Diamontina Cocktail

PS,

When your wife uses the machine, had you already been using it and she used
Fast User Switch to go to her account? As a test, get her to logoff and go
back to the Welcome screen and then logon to her own ID and then try to shut
the machine down. It may simply be some program not working with fast user
switching.

"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> No problem booting to Vista. Vista is stable for me. Blue screen appears
> only when my wife logs on & then logs off later. It does not happen all
> the time.
>

> "Chad Harris" <vistaneedsmuchowork.net> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Kue 2--
>>
>> As Ronnie said; and also did you have one unexpected shut down or
>> several--I know that often Event Viewer provides no useful information
>> but it is certainly worth trying. Is Vista now running all right for the
>> time being, or do you have a problem booting to Vista?
>>
>> CH
>>

>> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Product
>>> Windows
>>>
>>> Problem
>>> Shut down unexpectedly
>>>
>>> Date
>>> 08/05/2007 10:55 AM
>>>
>>> Status
>>> Report Sent
>>>
>>> Problem signature
>>> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
>>> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
>>> Locale ID: 4105
>>>
>>> Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be
>>> available)
>>> Mini050807-01.dmp
>>> sysdata.xml
>>> Version.txt
>>>
>>> Extra information about the problem
>>> BCCode: 50
>>> BCP1: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFE0
>>> BCP2: 0000000000000000
>>> BCP3: FFFFF80001C59CCA
>>> BCP4: 0000000000000000
>>> OS Version: 6_0_6000
>>> Service Pack: 0_0
>>> Product: 256_1
>>> Server information: f5cb4a60-8abc-4e78-ad85-7e7e5a63a454
>>>
>>> Anyone got a clue to what is causing this blue screen from the above
>>> data????

Chad Harris

Kue--

Try Diamantha's suggestion. Type "control userpasswords2" in your run
box>Advanced tab>advanced button>click users on the right>rt. click wife's
profile and delete.

Then Recreate Wife's user account.

Control Panel>User Accounts>

Click Manage another account. If you are prompted for an administrator
password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Click Create a new account.

Type the name you want to give the user account, click an account type, and
then click Create Account.
____________

or Rename her account:

To rename a local user account

Open Computer Management.

In the console tree, click Users.

Where?

Computer Management\System Tools\Local Users and Groups\Users

Right-click the user account that you want to rename, and then click Rename.

Type the new user name, and then press ENTER.

Good luck,

CH

"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> No problem booting to Vista. Vista is stable for me. Blue screen appears
> only when my wife logs on & then logs off later. It does not happen all
> the time.
>

> "Chad Harris" <vistaneedsmuchowork.net> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Kue 2--
>>
>> As Ronnie said; and also did you have one unexpected shut down or
>> several--I know that often Event Viewer provides no useful information
>> but it is certainly worth trying. Is Vista now running all right for the
>> time being, or do you have a problem booting to Vista?
>>
>> CH
>>

>> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Product
>>> Windows
>>>
>>> Problem
>>> Shut down unexpectedly
>>>
>>> Date
>>> 08/05/2007 10:55 AM
>>>
>>> Status
>>> Report Sent
>>>
>>> Problem signature
>>> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
>>> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
>>> Locale ID: 4105
>>>
>>> Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be
>>> available)
>>> Mini050807-01.dmp
>>> sysdata.xml