Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Problem starting dvd burn with Nero

Problem starting dvd burn with Nero

Sandoz

I'm trying out Nero 7.5.5.0 to copy a dvd and am having a problem after
hitting the "burn" button...

I've used DvdShrink to get the movie onto my hard drive in a video_ts file,
and Nero accepts the file when I select it to begin a record, but after I
select burn, I get a window saying "Please insert disc" over the recode and
burn screen, so I put in a blank disc, waited a few minutes..and nothing
happens. The "Please insert disc" window doesn't go away, and meanwhile the
"analyzing disc" timer is ticking under status. If I close the "Please
insert" screen, I get "Process canceld by user". I've also tried having a
blank disc inserted before hitting Burn, and I still get the "Please insert"
window."

I'm using HP dvd-R 8x's and tried again with a second disk but got the same
identical results...

Thanks for any help.

def456

Your DVD burner may not recognize that kind of disc. Try a different brand
and different kind. You're using -R so try a + R. You're using HP brand, so
try something else like Verbatim. Also I'm not a fan of Nero. If you're up
to it, try ImgBurn instead.

"Sandoz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I'm trying out Nero 7.5.5.0 to copy a dvd and am having a problem after
> hitting the "burn" button...
>
> I've used DvdShrink to get the movie onto my hard drive in a video_ts
> file,
> and Nero accepts the file when I select it to begin a record, but after I
> select burn, I get a window saying "Please insert disc" over the recode
> and
> burn screen, so I put in a blank disc, waited a few minutes..and nothing
> happens. The "Please insert disc" window doesn't go away, and meanwhile
> the
> "analyzing disc" timer is ticking under status. If I close the "Please
> insert" screen, I get "Process canceld by user". I've also tried having a
> blank disc inserted before hitting Burn, and I still get the "Please
> insert"
> window."
>
> I'm using HP dvd-R 8x's and tried again with a second disk but got the
> same identical results...
>
> Thanks for any help.

The Great Attractor

On Tue, 08 May 2007 18:03:23 GMT, "Sandoz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm trying out Nero 7.5.5.0

Wrong group. Hunt up the BURN it RIP it groups.