Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Kodak Z712IS Australia vs USA

Kodak Z712IS Australia vs USA

Michael.Pasturi@gmail.com

Really tried to like and to buy a Kodak, but it seems they DON'T want
my business or money.Plain STUPID what they have done to the prices

ie

Fujifilm S700/S5700 RRP US$249 AUS$399

Kodak Z712IS RRP US$299 AUS$650

Kodak must be using a special unknown formula, they are PLAYING with
themselves if they think they can do stunts like this.

Is it no wonder Cano zoom passed them as the #1 selling brand on the
planet?

"Hello Kodak, anybody home"

Ron Hunter

> Really tried to like and to buy a Kodak, but it seems they DON'T want
> my business or money.Plain STUPID what they have done to the prices
>
> ie
>
> Fujifilm S700/S5700 RRP US$249 AUS$399
>
> Kodak Z712IS RRP US$299 AUS$650
>
> Kodak must be using a special unknown formula, they are PLAYING with
> themselves if they think they can do stunts like this.
>
> Is it no wonder Cano zoom passed them as the #1 selling brand on the
> planet?
>
> "Hello Kodak, anybody home"

This may not be due to Kodak's policies, but government tariffs which
are intended to protect more local companies from competition. If you
notice US companies products being noticeably more expensive, talk to
your own government about it. Kodak seems to compete well on price most
places.

ray

On Mon, 07 May 2007 23:51:57 -0700, Michael.Pasturi wrote:

> Really tried to like and to buy a Kodak, but it seems they DON'T want
> my business or money.Plain STUPID what they have done to the prices
>
> ie
>
> Fujifilm S700/S5700 RRP US$249 AUS$399
>
> Kodak Z712IS RRP US$299 AUS$650
>
> Kodak must be using a special unknown formula, they are PLAYING with
> themselves if they think they can do stunts like this.
>
> Is it no wonder Cano zoom passed them as the #1 selling brand on the
> planet?
>
> "Hello Kodak, anybody home"

Prices from??? Have you tried the Kodak online store - I've had great
experiences with their refurb products - recently got a P850 there for
$250 - price has declined since. I'd recommend you look at the P series -
it offers several advantages, such as save as raw,tiff,jpeg; full manual
mode.

Ron Baird

Hi Mike,

Actually, Mike it is the retailer that sets the price you see. Also, I
suspect the value of the Dollar in the market may something to do with the
pric. It is something you can work through with the retailers in your area.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

Michael.Pasturi@gmail.com

On May 8, 7:33 pm, Ron Hunter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > Really tried to like and to buy a Kodak, but it seems they DON'T want
> > my business or money.Plain STUPID what they have done to the prices

> > ie

> > Fujifilm S700/S5700 RRP US$249 AUS$399

> > Kodak Z712IS RRP US$299 AUS$650

> > Kodak must be using a special unknown formula, they are PLAYING with
> > themselves if they think they can do stunts like this.

> > Is it no wonder Cano zoom passed them as the #1 selling brand on the
> > planet?

> > "Hello Kodak, anybody home"

> This may not be due to Kodak's policies, but government tariffs which
> are intended to protect more local companies from competition. If you
> notice US companies products being noticeably more expensive, talk to
> your own government about it. Kodak seems to compete well on price most
> places.- Hide quoted text -

No tariff/duty on cameras in Australia, in fact USA is in a better
position than Japan anyway [not that either come from birth country]

USA & AUS have free trade agreement, NO tariff on anything

Fujifilm want business, Kodak bad run company and need all that profit
to operate and feed all the mouths...

Michael.Pasturi@gmail.com

On May 9, 1:01 am, ray <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Mon, 07 May 2007 23:51:57 -0700, Michael.Pasturi wrote:
> > Really tried to like and to buy a Kodak, but it seems they DON'T want
> > my business or money.Plain STUPID what they have done to the prices

> > ie

> > Fujifilm S700/S5700 RRP US$249 AUS$399

> > Kodak Z712IS RRP US$299 AUS$650

> > Kodak must be using a special unknown formula, they are PLAYING with
> > themselves if they think they can do stunts like this.

> > Is it no wonder Cano zoom passed them as the #1 selling brand on the
> > planet?

> > "Hello Kodak, anybody home"

> Prices from??? Have you tried the Kodak online store - I've had great
> experiences with their refurb products - recently got a P850 there for
> $250 - price has declined since. I'd recommend you look at the P series -
> it offers several advantages, such as save as raw,tiff,jpeg; full manual
> mode.- Hide quoted text -

Price i quoted are the RRP/List price set by Kodak and Fujifilm

Kodak dont do a online store in AUS

Not interested in saving photos other than in jpeg, otherwise i would
just buy a SLR

Michael.Pasturi@gmail.com

On May 9, 4:17 am, "Ron Baird" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> Actually, Mike it is the retailer that sets the price you see. Also, I
> suspect the value of the Dollar in the market may something to do with the
> pric. It is something you can work through with the retailers in your area.
>
> Ron Baird
> Eastman Kodak Company
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>

> > Really tried to like and to buy a Kodak, but it seems they DON'T want
> > my business or money.Plain STUPID what they have done to the prices

> > ie

> > Fujifilm S700/S5700 RRP US$249 AUS$399

> > Kodak Z712IS RRP US$299 AUS$650

> > Kodak must be using a special unknown formula, they are PLAYING with
> > themselves if they think they can do stunts like this.

> > Is it no wonder Cano zoom passed them as the #1 selling brand on the
> > planet?

> > "Hello Kodak, anybody home"- Hide quoted text -

Thankyou for your reply today Ron.

The retailers discount from the RRP/List price set by Kodak/Fujifilm

Its ok seen it all before, soon as Kodak see slow sales, price will be
slashed to the real level.

USA is 17 year high vs AUS dollar if anything it should be only 20%
more than the USA price, Japans Yen is still high vs USA$, Kodak and
plain greedy and stupid, when will they wake up, when they are no
longer in the top 10 selling digital brand.

Frankly ANOTHER poorly run USA company, to top heavy and only worried
about Nth.America market and nothing more

Cheers

M/P

ray

On Tue, 08 May 2007 16:36:54 -0700, Michael.Pasturi wrote:

> On May 9, 1:01 am, ray <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Mon, 07 May 2007 23:51:57 -0700, Michael.Pasturi wrote:
>> > Really tried to like and to buy a Kodak, but it seems they DON'T want
>> > my business or money.Plain STUPID what they have done to the prices

>> > ie

>> > Fujifilm S700/S5700 RRP US$249 AUS$399

>> > Kodak Z712IS RRP US$299 AUS$650

>> > Kodak must be using a special unknown formula, they are PLAYING with
>> > themselves if they think they can do stunts like this.

>> > Is it no wonder Cano zoom passed them as the #1 selling brand on the
>> > planet?

>> > "Hello Kodak, anybody home"

>> Prices from??? Have you tried the Kodak online store - I've had great
>> experiences with their refurb products - recently got a P850 there for
>> $250 - price has declined since. I'd recommend you look at the P series -
>> it offers several advantages, such as save as raw,tiff,jpeg; full manual
>> mode.- Hide quoted text -

> Price i quoted are the RRP/List price set by Kodak and Fujifilm
>
> Kodak dont do a online store in AUS

So, could you do the US online store and have it shipped there? Savings
are pretty huge.

Michael.Pasturi@gmail.com

On May 9, 12:38 pm, ray <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Tue, 08 May 2007 16:36:54 -0700, Michael.Pasturi wrote:

> >> Prices from??? Have you tried the Kodak online store - I've had great
> >> experiences with their refurb products - recently got a P850 there for
> >> $250 - price has declined since. I'd recommend you look at the P series -
> >> it offers several advantages, such as save as raw,tiff,jpeg; full manual
> >> mode.- Hide quoted text -

> > Price i quoted are the RRP/List price set by Kodak and Fujifilm

> > Kodak dont do a online store in AUS

> So, could you do the US online store and have it shipped there? Savings
> are pretty huge.

Before yes, but now no, have you seen the scams and stunts pulled by
most [but not all] the camera stores in NewYork?

Having said that i am sure some honest traders are in USA

I purchased my FinePix from a online in Australia and the camera
shipped from Malaysia direct to me....

I dont think i would purchase a Kodak now because of its *ethics* or
lack of.

Besides the Finepix S700/S5700 is a *better* camera

Cheers

> > Not interested in saving photos other than in jpeg, otherwise i would
> > just buy a SLR- Hide quoted text -

Ron Hunter

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On May 9, 4:17 am, "Ron Baird" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> Actually, Mike it is the retailer that sets the price you see. Also, I
>> suspect the value of the Dollar in the market may something to do with the
>> pric. It is something you can work through with the retailers in your area.
>>
>> Ron Baird
>> Eastman Kodak Company
>>
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>>

>>> Really tried to like and to buy a Kodak, but it seems they DON'T want
>>> my business or money.Plain STUPID what they have done to the prices
>>> ie
>>> Fujifilm S700/S5700 RRP US$249 AUS$399
>>> Kodak Z712IS RRP US$299 AUS$650
>>> Kodak must be using a special unknown formula, they are PLAYING with
>>> themselves if they think they can do stunts like this.
>>> Is it no wonder Cano zoom passed them as the #1 selling brand on the
>>> planet?
>>> "Hello Kodak, anybody home"- Hide quoted text -

> Thankyou for your reply today Ron.
>
> The retailers discount from the RRP/List price set by Kodak/Fujifilm
>
> Its ok seen it all before, soon as Kodak see slow sales, price will be
> slashed to the real level.
>

> USA is 17 year high vs AUS dollar if anything it should be only 20%
> more than the USA price, Japans Yen is still high vs USA$, Kodak and
> plain greedy and stupid, when will they wake up, when they are no
> longer in the top 10 selling digital brand.
>
> Frankly ANOTHER poorly run USA company, to top heavy and only worried
> about Nth.America market and nothing more
>
> Cheers
>
> M/P

Funny, last time I looked, they were number one, worldwide. BTW, your
bias is showing, and you seem to have ignored many changes in the past
two years at Kodak.