Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > XP pro x64 system crashing -- PLEASE HELP!!!

XP pro x64 system crashing -- PLEASE HELP!!!

=?Utf-8?B?TllURUxURUNI?=

A year ago, I decided to put a system together - thought I was getting the
latest and greatest, but got nothing more than headache after headache ( you
can chalk that up to this being my first build). All in all, I am not
disappointed with my system. I have aLGA 775 3.73GHz Intel processor, A-bit
AW8D motherboard, 2Gigs of RAM, one 400GB HD, and one 200GB HD. Recently, I
have been plagued by error code 0x0000003b, but all my searches have not
helped. I have installed SP2, but I still get this error message and
constant crashes. The funny thing is, that it only happens on one
administrator account and not the other. Can anyone please provide me with
additional tips/pointers? Any help would be graetly appreciated.

Charlie Russel - MVP

From what I'm seeing in Google, this error looks like a corruption, possibly
of the registry. Since it's only one user, start by removing that user from
the computer. Completely. Delete his / her profile, etc.

I'd also look at exactly _when_ it is happening. This may be a clue as to
why.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"NYTELTECH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>A year ago, I decided to put a system together - thought I was getting the
> latest and greatest, but got nothing more than headache after headache (
> you
> can chalk that up to this being my first build). All in all, I am not
> disappointed with my system. I have aLGA 775 3.73GHz Intel processor,
> A-bit
> AW8D motherboard, 2Gigs of RAM, one 400GB HD, and one 200GB HD. Recently,
> have been plagued by error code 0x0000003b, but all my searches have not
> helped. I have installed SP2, but I still get this error message and
> constant crashes. The funny thing is, that it only happens on one
> administrator account and not the other. Can anyone please provide me
> with
> additional tips/pointers? Any help would be graetly appreciated.

=?Utf-8?B?TllURUxURUNI?=

Thanks for the quick reply, information is very helpful, but it happens no
matter what I do under my primary administrator account. Usually about 5
minutes after boot-up. In regards to removing the profile; will I lose any
data under that account? I use that for business that I don't want my wife,
kids and others gaining access to. Thanks again.

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> From what I'm seeing in Google, this error looks like a corruption, possibly
> of the registry. Since it's only one user, start by removing that user from
> the computer. Completely. Delete his / her profile, etc.
>
> I'd also look at exactly _when_ it is happening. This may be a clue as to
> why.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> "NYTELTECH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >A year ago, I decided to put a system together - thought I was getting the
> > latest and greatest, but got nothing more than headache after headache (
> > you
> > can chalk that up to this being my first build). All in all, I am not
> > disappointed with my system. I have aLGA 775 3.73GHz Intel processor,
> > A-bit
> > AW8D motherboard, 2Gigs of RAM, one 400GB HD, and one 200GB HD. Recently,
> > have been plagued by error code 0x0000003b, but all my searches have not
> > helped. I have installed SP2, but I still get this error message and
> > constant crashes. The funny thing is, that it only happens on one
> > administrator account and not the other. Can anyone please provide me
> > with
> > additional tips/pointers? Any help would be graetly appreciated.

Juergen Kluth

Hi,
did u look at the eventviewer ?
some hints there ?
regards jk

PS:
onto charlies answer : a backup on your important data is allways
recommendet
if u have a chance to backup your complete system, this too
u then may try a repair install

=?Utf-8?B?TllURUxURUNI?=

Mr. Russel: THANK YOU for the suggestion. I deleted the primary
administrator account after backing up, and restored all files afterward
(kind of winged it), but it wasn't as hard as I thought, and everything seems
O.K -- actually had my PC on for over three hours for the first time ine
about a month. tHanks again.

Mr. Kluth: Your suggestion will not go unheeded either, I plan to perform
that backup as soon as I get back home this evening. Thanks!