Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > PPP

Myrt Webb

PPP is a protocal used for dialup RAS connections. That
is plain from the material I have read.

What is not plain is if PPP is also a protocol for VPN
connections.

Is PPP a connection protocol for both dialup and VPN or
just dialup??

Neil

babbling on and on again "Myrt Webb" <(E-Mail Removed)>
spewed in news:acce01c4887f$ae5d49f0$(E-Mail Removed):

> Is PPP a connection protocol for both dialup and VPN or
> just dialup??

no, but PPTP (pa'toey) is a vpn connection protocol...

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Rowdy Yates

"Myrt Webb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:acce01c4887f$ae5d49f0$(E-Mail Removed):

> PPP is a protocal used for dialup RAS connections. That
> is plain from the material I have read.
>
> What is not plain is if PPP is also a protocol for VPN
> connections.
>
> Is PPP a connection protocol for both dialup and VPN or
> just dialup??

valuable resource

http://whatis.techtarget.com/

http://searchnetworking.techtarget.c...nition/0,,sid7
_gci214311,00.html

http://tinyurl.com/4dpmo

"yeah, i did it! i said i would and i did it!"
Leroy Brown, I'm Gonna Get Ya Sucka

--
Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
http://rowdy_yates2.tripod.com/