Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > sharing wireless printer

sharing wireless printer

=?Utf-8?B?bG9xdWlubg==?=

I purchased a wirless printing kit from HP for the purpose of sharing my
printer connected to the host on my home Linksys network and can't get the
other two printers to print. After spending more than 2 hours with HP and
pinging, configing, the caller said he would research and get back--that was
2 weeks ago. Is there a way to simply share the printer with the other
laptops connected wireless to the internet?
--
loquinn

TBone

And on the eigth day <(E-Mail Removed)> did cause the

> I purchased a wirless printing kit from HP for the purpose of sharing
> my printer connected to the host on my home Linksys network and can't
> get the other two printers to print. After spending more than 2 hours
> with HP and pinging, configing, the caller said he would research and
> get back--that was 2 weeks ago. Is there a way to simply share the
> printer with the other laptops connected wireless to the internet?

You said you had a problem with "the other two printers". I assume you
meant computers?

Anyway, assuming you have a desktop, what is wrong with connecting the
printer direclty to the desktop and sharing it using normal methods?

If you have three laptops, unless there is some reason that makes it
impossible to connect using a wire, I suggest you avoid the wireless
mess and just hook the print up via a jetdirect box or some other form
of wired printer controller.

Come to think of it, I had a problem with one of these print host gizmos
before because it wasn't designed to work with the printer. Is your
printer on the list of compatible devices?

Failing that, then get back after HP. Ask for a supervisor and find out
why they haven't returned your call.

-------

T-Bone
MCNGP XL

=?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3?=

I am in exactly the same situation so if u find a solution plaese email me
and I will do the same for u.

"loquinn" wrote:

> I purchased a wirless printing kit from HP for the purpose of sharing my
> printer connected to the host on my home Linksys network and can't get the
> other two printers to print. After spending more than 2 hours with HP and
> pinging, configing, the caller said he would research and get back--that was
> 2 weeks ago. Is there a way to simply share the printer with the other
> laptops connected wireless to the internet?
> --
> loquinn

=?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3?=

My desktop and laptop are on different floors of my house. Here in England
they love to have houses that occupy 3 or 4 floors. I rent this house so I
do not have permission to start drilling holes in the floor, they do an
inspection every 3 months, no pets either.

So I have both my laptop with printer attached on the ground floor and my
desktop on the first floor connected to the internet via a wifi router which
connects to a cable ISP provider
I would love to be able to share folders between these 2 computers and to
share the printer but I don't know how to do it

My network on my desktop is controlled by a 3 com launcher utility not
windows xp

I don't have this HP print host gizmos

Any help appreciated