Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Playing a "Region 1" DVD in the UK

Playing a "Region 1" DVD in the UK

mike bishop

Good evening,

I want the following DVD, and the only place I can buy it is on Amazon.com.
The problem is that this DVD is "Region 1", and I'm in the UK.

http://www.amazon.com/Arranging-Solo...8565107&sr=8-1

Is there any way of playing a "Region 1" DVD here? Might my laptop or PC
(both of which have DVD drives) be able to play this?

Thanks,
Mike

the dog from that film you saw

"mike bishop" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:44zw8lmq2yo0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Good evening,
>
> I want the following DVD, and the only place I can buy it is on
> Amazon.com.
> The problem is that this DVD is "Region 1", and I'm in the UK.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Arranging-Solo...8565107&sr=8-1
>
> Is there any way of playing a "Region 1" DVD here? Might my laptop or PC
> (both of which have DVD drives) be able to play this?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

yep.
just google for dvd43 - a tiny little program that will transparently allow
your pc to view dvds of any region at all.

--
Gareth.

That fly... is your magic wand.
http://www.last.fm/user/dsbmusic/