Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Two gateways in single server

Two gateways in single server

=?Utf-8?B?anVubnU=?=

Hi,

I have one internal server in my place which has win2000 server installed in
it and i have two LAN card in it each one has diferent ip and different
gateways.

The first gateway is used for connecting to remote server whichis in another
place through router and the routing has been done using Hperterminal.

The second gateway is used for Internet through ADSL line .

The problem iam facing is when iam working on the server both gateways deems
to be working fine and when i leave the server for two three hours or during
night time the internet gateway becomes idle and then i have to restart the
server why could be this problem occuring please provide me the helpful tips.
--
Junnu

Jesus Alvarado

Add Static route ?
"junnu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have one internal server in my place which has win2000 server installed

in
> it and i have two LAN card in it each one has diferent ip and different
> gateways.
>
> The first gateway is used for connecting to remote server whichis in

another
> place through router and the routing has been done using Hperterminal.
>
> The second gateway is used for Internet through ADSL line .
>
> The problem iam facing is when iam working on the server both gateways

deems
> to be working fine and when i leave the server for two three hours or

during
> night time the internet gateway becomes idle and then i have to restart

the
> server why could be this problem occuring please provide me the helpful

tips.
> --
> Junnu

Consultant

the lord, his advice is simple and to the point

"Jesus Alvarado" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newssTVc.51202$mD.20874@attbi_s02...
> Add Static route ?
> "junnu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have one internal server in my place which has win2000 server

installed
> in
> > it and i have two LAN card in it each one has diferent ip and different
> > gateways.
> >
> > The first gateway is used for connecting to remote server whichis in

> another
> > place through router and the routing has been done using Hperterminal.
> >
> > The second gateway is used for Internet through ADSL line .
> >
> > The problem iam facing is when iam working on the server both gateways

> deems
> > to be working fine and when i leave the server for two three hours or

> during
> > night time the internet gateway becomes idle and then i have to restart

> the
> > server why could be this problem occuring please provide me the helpful

> tips.
> > --
> > Junnu

Rowdy Yates

"Consultant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:#yh7lASiEHA.3264
@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:

> the lord, his advice is simple and to the point

yup. breed, procreate & die with a *BANG*!

--
Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
http://rowdy_yates2.tripod.com/

>the lord, his advice is simple and to the point

praise the lord for he is all mighty

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Consultant

the lord will turn twine into cat5

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >the lord, his advice is simple and to the point

> praise the lord for he is all mighty
>
> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

>the lord will turn twine into cat5

... and re-route all spam to dev/null, for the lord see's and know's
all.....

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Laura A. Robinson

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,

> Hi,
>
> I have one internal server in my place which has win2000 server installed in
> it and i have two LAN card in it each one has diferent ip and different
> gateways.
>
> The first gateway is used for connecting to remote server whichis in another
> place through router and the routing has been done using Hperterminal.
>
> The second gateway is used for Internet through ADSL line .
>
> The problem iam facing is when iam working on the server both gateways deems
> to be working fine and when i leave the server for two three hours or during
> night time the internet gateway becomes idle and then i have to restart the
> server why could be this problem occuring please provide me the helpful tips.

DO NOT ENTER MULTIPLE DEFAULT GATEWAYS ON A MULTI-HOMED SERVER.

Seriously.

Laura