Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Passed 70-553

Passed 70-553

Riccardone

Hello,
I have just passed 70-553 with 700 score. It's a strong exam.
There are sections:
70-526 Windows-Based Client Development 29 questions
70-528 Web based Client Developement 28 questions
70-536 Application Development Foundation 30 questions
240 min.

Start with backgroundworker component, asyncronous calls,
toolstripcontrolhost, toolstripcontainer and so on...
Web parts (connection, catalog, personalization), Master page, async
page directive, Themes, Ado.net (transaction scope, asyncronous
command operations...)...
Deflate and GZip, event handler, mailmessage, xml serialization
deserialization xmlattribute, xmlvalidation and so on It's very hard
and there is not pause from start to the end. I have used all
available time.

Good luck
Riccardo

=?Utf-8?B?Y2FsZGVyYXJh?=

Hello,

Congratulation
Yes I guess this new exam are getting stonrger becasue technology is getting
more and more complex.
By the way how did you approach you preparation and learning fro that upgade
path ?

For myself I am MCAD.NET, and I plan to try to get my MCSD.NET soon simply
becasue you get less exam for ugrade afterwards. I have been advise to finish
it and not stop it to go to new certification exam.

I was also polkanning to take the MCAD upgrade to MCPD, but there is no real
upgrade book unless you get all of them... Which I can't afford as it is
my personnal investement).

By experience sometimes it better to restart from begining that goinf
through upgrade becasue you might miss some inporatent point. SO I guess ths
upgrade path might be stronger that going through all individual path.

What do you think ?
I can I prepare for my MCAD upgrade then ? I jzst start to get the
application fundation MS press book, where it has most of things I know
already, but also explain waht's new in 2.0

Thanks for comments
regards
serge
"Riccardone" wrote:

> Hello,
> I have just passed 70-553 with 700 score. It's a strong exam.
> There are sections:
> 70-526 Windows-Based Client Development 29 questions
> 70-528 Web based Client Developement 28 questions
> 70-536 Application Development Foundation 30 questions
> 240 min.
>
> Start with backgroundworker component, asyncronous calls,
> toolstripcontrolhost, toolstripcontainer and so on...
> Web parts (connection, catalog, personalization), Master page, async
> page directive, Themes, Ado.net (transaction scope, asyncronous
> command operations...)...
> Deflate and GZip, event handler, mailmessage, xml serialization
> deserialization xmlattribute, xmlvalidation and so on It's very hard
> and there is not pause from start to the end. I have used all
> available time.
>
> Good luck
> Riccardo

Riccardone

On 17 Mag, 15:06, calderara <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> By the way how did you approach you preparation and learning fro that upgade
> path ?

I studied on all exam test's on internet (In the exam I didn't find
none of these questions). I also studied on many guide like....
http://tinyurl.com/35dzvm
and msdn.
I also made a little app editor with background worker implementation
and many of the new fw 2.0 controls like table layout and more.
In two of the three exam I got a 850 and 900 but my final score is 700
because I failed many question on web developement.

> What do you think ?
> I can I prepare for my MCAD upgrade then ?

On my opinion this is not a good idea. You have to study many obsolete
subjects with any assurance to pass at the first attempt.

Regards
Riccardo

Christian Jung

Hi Riccardo,

Congratulation and thank you for that information.

I am preparing for 70-553 now, my exam will be in two weeks. I wonder that
there are 240 minutes time. In my last exams (MCSD.NET) there were about 50
questions or so. Could you please tell me how many questions you had to
answer in 70-553? Is it a mix of questions or are there three separate parts
in the exam?

Thank you,
Christian

"Riccardone" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hello,
> I have just passed 70-553 with 700 score. It's a strong exam.
> There are sections:
> 70-526 Windows-Based Client Development 29 questions
> 70-528 Web based Client Developement 28 questions
> 70-536 Application Development Foundation 30 questions
> 240 min.
>
> Start with backgroundworker component, asyncronous calls,
> toolstripcontrolhost, toolstripcontainer and so on...
> Web parts (connection, catalog, personalization), Master page, async
> page directive, Themes, Ado.net (transaction scope, asyncronous
> command operations...)...
> Deflate and GZip, event handler, mailmessage, xml serialization
> deserialization xmlattribute, xmlvalidation and so on It's very hard
> and there is not pause from start to the end. I have used all
> available time.
>
> Good luck
> Riccardo

Riccardone

On 25 Mag, 16:56, "Christian Jung" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Could you please tell me how many questions you had to
> answer in 70-553? Is it a mix of questions or are there three separate parts
> in the exam?

Hi Christian,
the exam has three separate parts.
You have to take a minimal score of 700 in every parts.
In my case, I responded with 850 and 900 in two parts but I took 700
in web developement.
Only one question failed and I failed the entire exam without
regarding on other parts.

Regards
Riccardo

Christian Jung

Hi Riccardo,

and how many questions are there in each part?

Thanks,
Christian

"Riccardone" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> On 25 Mag, 16:56, "Christian Jung" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Could you please tell me how many questions you had to
>> answer in 70-553? Is it a mix of questions or are there three separate
>> parts
>> in the exam?

> Hi Christian,
> the exam has three separate parts.
> You have to take a minimal score of 700 in every parts.
> In my case, I responded with 850 and 900 in two parts but I took 700
> in web developement.
> Only one question failed and I failed the entire exam without
> regarding on other parts.
>
> Regards
> Riccardo

Riccardone

On 29 Mag, 10:11, "Christian Jung" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> and how many questions are there in each part?

I already wrote it in my first post.

Riccardo

Christian Jung

Sorry, I read over it. Almost 90 questions, that's really hard.

Christian

news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...