Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Getting Blue Screen

Getting Blue Screen

Mike Benton

I have an HP dv9260us laptop. It came with Vista Ultimate x64 and has a
Centrino Duo 2.0 processor. In the past two days I have received two blue
screens where my computer automatically rebooted after dumped the memory to
disk. The blue screen wasn't on long, but I did see the problem was with
'BATTC.sys'. I see this is a Microsoft Driver. Any Suggestions?

I'm a developer and each time I lost a lot of work. I'm now saving every 5
minutes....

Mike

Tony Sperling

Hi,

it would seem from some discussions on i-net that it could be related to
display driver issues - one suggestion was to un-install BATTC.SYS (
possibly from Safe Mode ) and then re-install the display driver before
re-installing BATTC.SYS.

I'm not on Vista myself, but display drivers seem to have a reputation right
now, I would test several versions to find a stable one!

Tony. . .

"Mike Benton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have an HP dv9260us laptop. It came with Vista Ultimate x64 and has a
> Centrino Duo 2.0 processor. In the past two days I have received two blue
> screens where my computer automatically rebooted after dumped the memory

> disk. The blue screen wasn't on long, but I did see the problem was with
> 'BATTC.sys'. I see this is a Microsoft Driver. Any Suggestions?
>
> I'm a developer and each time I lost a lot of work. I'm now saving every 5
> minutes....
>
> Mike

Jane C

BATTC.sys is the battery driver. Does HP have any more recent drivers for
your laptop?

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
MVP Windows Shell/User
"Mike Benton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have an HP dv9260us laptop. It came with Vista Ultimate x64 and has a
>Centrino Duo 2.0 processor. In the past two days I have received two blue
>screens where my computer automatically rebooted after dumped the memory to
>disk. The blue screen wasn't on long, but I did see the problem was with
>'BATTC.sys'. I see this is a Microsoft Driver. Any Suggestions?
>
> I'm a developer and each time I lost a lot of work. I'm now saving every 5
> minutes....
>
> Mike

Mike Benton

No, they do not. I checked their site. They also push the updates out to the
computers now. About a month ago I received new video and sound driver
updates.

"Jane C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> BATTC.sys is the battery driver. Does HP have any more recent drivers for
> your laptop?
>
> --
> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation
> MVP Windows Shell/User
> "Mike Benton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have an HP dv9260us laptop. It came with Vista Ultimate x64 and has a
>>Centrino Duo 2.0 processor. In the past two days I have received two blue
>>screens where my computer automatically rebooted after dumped the memory
>>to disk. The blue screen wasn't on long, but I did see the problem was
>>with 'BATTC.sys'. I see this is a Microsoft Driver. Any Suggestions?
>>
>> I'm a developer and each time I lost a lot of work. I'm now saving every
>> 5 minutes....
>>
>> Mike

rcmichelle rcmichelle is offline
Junior Member