Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > problems with xp service pack 2 install

problems with xp service pack 2 install

=?Utf-8?B?Zm94aXR2?=

I was given this computer from my sister it has windows xp home on it. I
tried to install xp service pack 2 and got the following error once it sent
me to microsoft update:
[Error number: 0x800B0001]
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view.

I also was receiving an error that my security settings would not allow my
active x controls to run. I am so confused I don't even know where to start
and what I should do first. Is there a way to send my pc information over
the net to one of the experts so they may be able to see what is gone from
the report (like a hijack this log)? If so what do I need to get to do that.
Thank you in advance for any help you can give.
Gretchen

=?Utf-8?B?RnVsY2FuZWxsaQ==?=

=?Utf-8?B?c2xvbW8xMzY=?=

hello i would like to take this somewhat farther if possible... i notice that
there are many duplic8te files in wxp home. is this normal, I find them
distributed in win/system32/, win/i386/, win/softwareupdates/... all with the
same dates, some older plus newer. my point is that in older versions of win
was that when updates installed they were an option as to keep in hardisk or
delteted or were delteted automatically by the enumerator audit, audit, win
audit, et al., now i find this is not the case. is it safe to delete, these
extras/duplicates or is it part of some function i am not aware of i.e.,
restore? signed confusaed
--
b2502b67ec5002f392d31b