Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Uninstalling office 2007 (trial)

Uninstalling office 2007 (trial)

NOTTNICK

(This is a copy of a post I put on public.office yesterday)

OK, I have the trial of 2007 installed and now I want to remove it.

Unfortunately I get the message

'This product installation has been corrupted. Run setup again from the CD,
DVD, or other original installation source.'

As I downloaded the file, I don't have media.

I think I might (stupidly) have run it rather than saved it first.

On my drive I have office2007b2tr-kb0000000-fullfile-en-us.exe (size
506,557kb)
I think this might be the original beta that I used for a while before
uninstalling (I had to re-install the trial as I couldn't open the beta
files otherwise - now all saved as office 2003).
I don't want to really mess things up by trying to run the wrong exe file!

Tried googling it and it looks like there might be a MS uninstall prog. but
I can't find it anywhere.

Any suggestions? I really want to get back to my original 2003.

Nick

WhzzKdd

"NOTTNICK" <NOTTNICK(delete_this)@bellows.org.uk> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> (This is a copy of a post I put on public.office yesterday)
>
> OK, I have the trial of 2007 installed and now I want to remove it.
>
> Unfortunately I get the message
>
> 'This product installation has been corrupted. Run setup again from the
> CD,
> DVD, or other original installation source.'
>
> As I downloaded the file, I don't have media.
>
> I think I might (stupidly) have run it rather than saved it first.
>
> On my drive I have office2007b2tr-kb0000000-fullfile-en-us.exe (size
> 506,557kb)
> I think this might be the original beta that I used for a while before
> uninstalling (I had to re-install the trial as I couldn't open the beta
> files otherwise - now all saved as office 2003).
> I don't want to really mess things up by trying to run the wrong exe file!
>
> Tried googling it and it looks like there might be a MS uninstall prog.
> but I can't find it anywhere.
>
> Any suggestions? I really want to get back to my original 2003.

RE-download the setup file - SAVE it. Run it. Fix your problem. Then stop
f***ing around with trial software.