Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > How to scan linked source directory using cscope

How to scan linked source directory using cscope

sunset85@dreamwiz.com

Hi.

I'm trying to scan linked source directory using "cscope"

In normal case (without linked source directory), "cscope -R " works
vety well.
But when linked source directory included, "cscope -R" wouldn't scan
that linked directoty.

What option should I use to scan linked source directory using
cscope ??

Kenny McCormack

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Hi.
>
>I'm trying to scan linked source directory using "cscope"
>
>In normal case (without linked source directory), "cscope -R " works
>vety well.
>But when linked source directory included, "cscope -R" wouldn't scan
>that linked directoty.
>
>What option should I use to scan linked source directory using
>cscope ??

As always:

Off topic. Not portable. Cant discuss it here. Blah, blah, blah.

Useful clc-related links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspergers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clique
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_programming_language

Richard

> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to scan linked source directory using "cscope"
>
> In normal case (without linked source directory), "cscope -R " works
> vety well.
> But when linked source directory included, "cscope -R" wouldn't scan
> that linked directoty.
>
> What option should I use to scan linked source directory using
> cscope ??

The key is to create your cscope files at the top of their source
hierarchy.

Then link *them* to the top level of your programming directories. You
can then create project specific cscope files in the individual project
directories. cscope will automatically propagate up the directories
reading all cscope.out files it finds. It will eventually find the link
to the big "library" cscope.out files which you created earlier.

cscope is an invaluable aid in Linux to navigating the huge C codebase
IMO.