Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > I'm being redirected after a google search - WHY?

I'm being redirected after a google search - WHY?

Mark Nilsen

When I click on a link from Google, I am being redirected to other sites.
This is happening all the time with sites I can access if I enter the
address directly. Why the redirect, and how can I stop it?

Paul

Mark Nilsen wrote:
> When I click on a link from Google, I am being redirected to other sites.
> This is happening all the time with sites I can access if I enter the
> address directly. Why the redirect, and how can I stop it?

Could be a spot of malware...

These guys seem to have custom recipes for everything.

"Getting redirected from google search results"
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic69052.html

Paul

Julysuu Julysuu is offline
Junior Member

1.To stop all JS.Twettir processes, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to open the Windows Task Manager. 2.Click on the "Processes" tab, search for JS.Twettir, then right-click it and select "End Process" key. 3.Delete Temporary Internet files,Cookies,Cache & History of all the browsers present in your system. 4.Check the internet settings of your browser for any unwanted Proxy settings.If it is there then remove it & set it to 'Automatically Detect Settings'.It might be as below - IP Address - 127.0.0.1 Port No - 80 5.Check if unnecessary DNS IP's are present in 'Local Area Connection Properties'. 6.Open command prompt & run the below commands - ipconfig /flushdns.
7. Remove The registry entries created by google redirect virus: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run lsass = "%System%\lsass.exe" HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Session Manager\SubSystems /sub

Reference: http://blog.teesupport.com/best-way-...us-in-firefox/