Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > GPO's and the like

GPO's and the like

New_cb

Hello! For a variety of reasons (clients, needs, blah blah blah) I am
somewhat stuck in studying for the 70-215. At present, I have the
latest transcender software for the above exam, and it has a number of
questions relating to GPO's, implementation, etc. However, on
Micro$ofts site, the description of skills measured does not indicate
that much of the exam actually deals with the implementation and
configuration of GPO's etc. That seems to be more the 70-218 line of
exam. Has anyone done the 70-215, and if so, was there much coverage of
GPO's and the like? I just want to know if doing much by way of
additional research in this subject for this particular exam is worthwhile.

Comments would be appreciated.

Bill Henry MCP/A+/Net+

TechGeekPro

On Aug 18, 2004 "New_cb" blathered:

> Comments would be appreciated.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000...ment/grouppoli
cyintro.asp

or

http://tinyurl.com/2ov74

--
Tech "'Google is amazing' Geek" Pro
MCNGP #36, MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

Rowdy Yates

New_cb <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:_8KUc.4424$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hello! For a variety of reasons (clients, needs, blah blah blah) I am
> somewhat stuck in studying for the 70-215. At present, I have the
> latest transcender software for the above exam, and it has a number of
> questions relating to GPO's, implementation, etc. However, on
> Micro$ofts site, the description of skills measured does not indicate
> that much of the exam actually deals with the implementation and
> configuration of GPO's etc. That seems to be more the 70-218 line of
> exam. Has anyone done the 70-215, and if so, was there much coverage
> of GPO's and the like? I just want to know if doing much by way of
> additional research in this subject for this particular exam is
> worthwhile.
>
> Comments would be appreciated.
>
> Bill Henry MCP/A+/Net+

Preparation Guide for Exam 70-217

RY

--
Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
http://rowdy_yates2.tripod.com/

beoweolf

If you are trying to find the easiest way, minimum output necessary to pass
the exam...you "may" get by with a cursory knowledge of GPO. Mainly because
most Admins are afraid of the subject. GPO's are your friend, a few hours,
now, of studying GPO's, policies, software updates and remote install will
save you countless hours of dreaded "face time" with users, additionally it
will impress your boss and the ladies.

So, in your case...I would just learn enough to get by...let someone else do
the researh and detail work of learning how to actually administer a
system, its much easier and looks more important when you are constantly
running from desk to desk putting out fires, saving the day and reaping
praise from your peers.

There is no glamor in a clean running system that properly configured. It
looks too easy.
..
"New_cb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_8KUc.4424$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello! For a variety of reasons (clients, needs, blah blah blah) I am
> somewhat stuck in studying for the 70-215. At present, I have the
> latest transcender software for the above exam, and it has a number of
> questions relating to GPO's, implementation, etc. However, on
> Micro$ofts site, the description of skills measured does not indicate
> that much of the exam actually deals with the implementation and
> configuration of GPO's etc. That seems to be more the 70-218 line of
> exam. Has anyone done the 70-215, and if so, was there much coverage of
> GPO's and the like? I just want to know if doing much by way of
> additional research in this subject for this particular exam is

worthwhile.

> Comments would be appreciated.
>
> Bill Henry MCP/A+/Net+

Rowdy Yates

"beoweolf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:dGTUc.7582$z12.5846
@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com:

> There is no glamor in a clean running system that properly configured. It
> looks too easy.

ah, but that's where the famous "pull-at-random-a-network-cable-out-of-the-
switch" routine comes in handy. just to remind 'em why they pay you the big
bucks.

--
Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
http://rowdy_yates2.tripod.com/

Modgeek

I think you should study for the new MCSE on Server 2003,
that way you have an up to date cert. And when you know
2003 you know 2000 and more.

Modgeek A+/Mcsa/net+/security+/ccna/

RE:GPO's and the like

I havent taken the 70-215, but when I took the 70-294 I
had lot of questions on GPO's especially on like
inheiritance and overrides and a few on loopback, and
software deployment.

You know its one thing to study for an exam to pass for
cert, and another to study for your career to pass and exam
for cert. This is what seperates the real MCSE's from the
other MCSE's, its one thing to have the MCSE and know what
you are doing and the just study for the exam MCSE's. Its
amazing how many MCSE's I have come in contact with that
still dont know how to format a hard disk in DOS, or know
that the first DC created in a new domain in by default a
Primary PDC Emulator.

Neil

babbling on and on again Rowdy Yates
<(E-Mail Removed)> spewed in

> ah, but that's where the famous
> "pull-at-random-a-network-cable-out-of-the- switch" routine comes in
> handy.

feh, far more fun to randomly-stop-services. "What's that? Your App is
down? I'll take a look right now!"

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Neil

babbling on and on again "beoweolf" <(E-Mail Removed)> spewed in
news:dGTUc.7582$(E-Mail Removed) m:

> So, in your case...I would just learn enough to get by...

at a BK...repeat after me: "would you like fries with that?"

--
Neil MCNGP #30