Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > MCSE Server 2003

MCSE Server 2003

Andy

Is it possible to train on this on a home pc with no
server? I have the ebooks and trial software but I doubt I
meet the hardware requirements.

Will S

Sure, anything is possible, but you'll likely get no real value out of
it. One PC is not enough to do much more than install and do basic
configuration...assuming that it meets the requirements for the
install. You're only cheating yourself in the long run if you want to
really do this right if you don't have the right hardware/software.

Best,
Will

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 05:40:57 -0700, "Andy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Is it possible to train on this on a home pc with no
>server? I have the ebooks and trial software but I doubt I
>meet the hardware requirements.

Andy

But if it's the route to gaining the qualification there
surely is a result in the long run. Do you think I'd be
able to pass the exams on that basis?

somerset.gov.uk>
>wrote:
>
>>Is it possible to train on this on a home pc with no
>>server? I have the ebooks and trial software but I doubt

>>meet the hardware requirements.

>.

Andy

I've got an Athlon 1800 processor, 256mb sdram. When I go
to install the server 2003 setup disk that you burn the
key onto - it won't offer me the install option or the
automatic compatibility test. Did you go down the same
route?

on a P3 500 with 128
>RAM and haven't had any trouble. What hardware do you

have available?

>"Andy" wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to train on this on a home pc with no
>> server? I have the ebooks and trial software but I

doubt I
>> meet the hardware requirements.
>>

>.

Steve

It is very difficult to pass any exam on reading books
alone. You need a computer and play with the software so
you understand it all. I have a Dell Optiplex pentium
1.7ghz which runs windows 2003 server just fine. It
originally came with win2000 pro. If you cant get it to
load on your computer, try a remanufacted Dell Optiplex
with win2k or winxp pro on it and fdisk and load your
server software. It should work fine and cost around $500
for the reman computer

Kraphty

"Andy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:894201c4853a$b406d300$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've got an Athlon 1800 processor, 256mb sdram. When I go
> to install the server 2003 setup disk that you burn the
> key onto - it won't offer me the install option or the
> automatic compatibility test. Did you go down the same
> route?

What are you talking about? I have installed server 2003 in its various
forms and never had to burn a key onto any setup disk. Do you mean that you
are trying to install from a COPY of the software?

Rowdy Yates

"Kraphty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:KyPUc.589$(E-Mail Removed):

> "Andy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:894201c4853a$b406d300$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I've got an Athlon 1800 processor, 256mb sdram. When I go
>> to install the server 2003 setup disk that you burn the
>> key onto - it won't offer me the install option or the
>> automatic compatibility test. Did you go down the same
>> route?

> What are you talking about? I have installed server 2003 in its
> various forms and never had to burn a key onto any setup disk. Do you
> mean that you are trying to install from a COPY of the software?

i always have problems fitting the key and the blank CD in the same burner.

--
Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
http://rowdy_yates2.tripod.com/

A Real Consultant

" i always have problems fitting the key and the blank CD in the same
burner."

WTF????

"Rowdy Yates" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9549B7CA434F3rowdyyates2123@207.46.248.16. ..
> "Kraphty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:KyPUc.589$(E-Mail Removed):
>

> > "Andy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:894201c4853a$b406d300$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> I've got an Athlon 1800 processor, 256mb sdram. When I go
> >> to install the server 2003 setup disk that you burn the
> >> key onto - it won't offer me the install option or the
> >> automatic compatibility test. Did you go down the same
> >> route?

> > What are you talking about? I have installed server 2003 in its
> > various forms and never had to burn a key onto any setup disk. Do you
> > mean that you are trying to install from a COPY of the software?
> >

> i always have problems fitting the key and the blank CD in the same

burner.

> --
> Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
> http://rowdy_yates2.tripod.com/
> http://profiles.yahoo.com/rowdy_yates_mcngp

modgeek

Yeah try installing Virtual Pc and install win server 2003
on it.

TechGeekPro

On Aug 19, 2004 "modgeek" blathered:

If he doesn't have the hardware requirements to run Windows Server 2003 in
the first place, I doubt he'd be able to run in in Virtual PC on top of his
existing OS.

--
Tech "More RAM Geek" Pro
MCNGP #36, MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+