Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Access point 350 warm-reset

Access point 350 warm-reset

Pawel Rutkowski

Hi,

I'm using about 20 Cisco ap-350. Two of them do some self restart
and I don't know why
I see in sh ver:
Last reset from warm-reset

I try to monitor logs from telnet sessions:
conf term
logging monitor 6
line vty 0 4
exec-timeout 0 0
terminal monitor

but didn't see anything, probably access point restart before log any
messages. Maybe I need to disable some buffers on loggining, so the access
point will show messages immediatly ?
Any advice?

Thanks
Pawel R.

ela

your best option is to get console access to the AP somehow, and log
the messages that appear there. while crashing, the ap does not have
many options on where to log.

if not possible, try to upgrade to latest GD release and see if the
problem appears again

--john

On May 6, 2:33 pm, "Pawel Rutkowski" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using about 20 Cisco ap-350. Two of them do some self restart
> and I don't know why
> I see in sh ver:
> Last reset from warm-reset

Uli Link

Pawel Rutkowski schrieb:

> I'm using about 20 Cisco ap-350. Two of them do some self restart
> and I don't know why
> I see in sh ver:
> Last reset from warm-reset

Is there a crashinfo-* file in flash: ?

IOS 12.3(JEA1 runs very fine

--
Uli

Pawel Rutkowski

> Is there a crashinfo-* file in flash: ?

No there isn't any crashinfo*.*

> IOS 12.3(JEA1 runs very fine

My ISO version:
(C350-K9W7-M), Version 12.2(15)JA

How can I enable make crashinfo file ?

Pawel R.

Uli Link

Pawel Rutkowski schrieb:
>> Is there a crashinfo-* file in flash: ?

> No there isn't any crashinfo*.*
>
>> IOS 12.3(JEA1 runs very fine
>>

> My ISO version:
> (C350-K9W7-M), Version 12.2(15)JA

Uuupps, quite old. There were much better IOS versions for the 350 AP.

> How can I enable make crashinfo file ?

If there ain't a chrashinfo file in flash: you don't need to bother. The
reload wasn't initiated by a software error.

--
Uli

Aaron Leonard

~ >> Is there a crashinfo-* file in flash: ?
~ >
~ > No there isn't any crashinfo*.*
~ >
~ >> IOS 12.3(JEA1 runs very fine
~ >>
~ >
~ > My ISO version:
~ > (C350-K9W7-M), Version 12.2(15)JA
~
~ Uuupps, quite old. There were much better IOS versions for the 350 AP.
~
~ >
~ > How can I enable make crashinfo file ?
~ >
~
~ If there ain't a chrashinfo file in flash: you don't need to bother. The
~ reload wasn't initiated by a software error.

In my fuzzy recollection:

a) in old IOS for the 350, a crashinfo wasn't written (or at any rate, wasn't
written by default)

b) if the 350 suffered from an IOS crash, this was not shown in "show version";
rather, it would say something like, "last reset from power-on".

In any case, the suggestion to upgrade to 12.3(JEA1 seems apropos.

Aaron