Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > progress

progress

Merrigan

Hi All,

I have posted yesterday about an ftplib issue, this has been resolved.

I actually want to ask something here...

The script that that ftplib error was from...I was wondering - What do
I need to do to print the stats (speed/s, percentage done) of the
upload that is running on the monitor.

This script runs on a Fedora Machine.

Thanx for the help guys!

-- Merrigan

half.italian@gmail.com

On May 5, 1:46 am, Merrigan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have posted yesterday about an ftplib issue, this has been resolved.
>
> I actually want to ask something here...
>
> The script that that ftplib error was from...I was wondering - What do
> I need to do to print the stats (speed/s, percentage done) of the
> upload that is running on the monitor.
>
> This script runs on a Fedora Machine.
>
> Thanx for the help guys!
>
> -- Merrigan

Looks like all you've got on the Python side is the size() method.
You could start a timer when the transfer begins, and then compare the
size on the server versus the size locally to get progress.

~Sean