Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > I am returning to programming - help needed, please.

I am returning to programming - help needed, please.

Vanguard

"elaich" wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Eye In The Sky" wrote :
>
>> I counted 39 lines of "code" in your OP while only two of them were
>> needed.

> I counted more than 50 lines of unneeded quoted text before your 2
> line
> reply. I wish you stupid ass Outhouse Express users would learn proper
> Usenet etiquette.

Nothing to do with the NNTP client that the poster uses. Has all to do
with laziness. The same lack of quote snipping is evidenced by users of
all NNTP clients.

Vanguard

ActivePerl is free. This provides a scripting language that runs on
probably all the platforms on which you will deal with. Python is nice
but its super slowness kills it for most business uses. Rather than
learn Windows scripting (Wscript & Cscript), Korn shell or other UNIX
shell scripting, or whatever flavor of scripting has been standard for a
particular OS, you just use Perl on all of them. Perl will scan the
code before running to make sure your script is valid, much like when
you compile, so you don't end up halfway through the script to then find
a problem that prevents you from saving or using all that data that
you've processed up to that point.

Visual Studio 2005 Express is free so you can get your C++ and C# that
way. When you need more then you can get the regular Studio .Net.

You don't give a clue as to what IT service markets you are targeting.
Java is still in big demand and if you know C++ then it's not much of a
jump to Java. And if you truly need the low-level access that C affords
you could still use it along with Java. If you don't like Netbeans IDE
(which you can get in a JDK bundle), you could try Borland's JBuilder.

If you still think Pascal has some use for use, look at Borland's Delphi
(aka Object Pascal). When interviewing for QA/QE positions, I have
never seen openings for Pascal/Delphi programmers. Most times when I
see it used is by someone that is still in or just got of college
because that's the *training* language they used there. Borland used to
have free versions of their CodeGear products, like JBuilder, but it's
been over 6 years since I bothered with the Borland stuff. I took a
quick glance and it looks like all you can get now is their 30-day
trialware.

A good place to start getting info and downloads of freeware compilers
is:

http://www.thefreecountry.com/
"Free programmer's, webmaster's, and security resources"

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

?Slack <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> What would you say about giving him a chance. It was twenty years today
>> when Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play, despite the fact they all
>> lived in
>> a cramped yellow submarine, they played with style. Yeah, they got by
>> with
>> a little help from their friends, but did anyone get up and walk out on
>> ?them

>I did. They sucked back then, and they still suck.

>> I guess all I'm saying, is, give a chance a peece.

>Yeah, a piece [of Shiite] is right!

Just A Day in the Life
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gZez_k4vAzU

--
whitney music box
http://www.coverpop.com/whitney/index.php?var=v11

Blinky the Shark

No, the slrn mafia always snips.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Blinky the Shark

Robb wrote:

> What would you say about giving him a chance. It was twenty years today
> when Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play, despite the fact they all lived in
> a cramped yellow submarine, they played with style. Yeah, they got by with
> a little help from their friends, but did anyone get up and walk out on ?them
>
> I guess all I'm saying, is, give a chance a peece.

Power to the people right on.

--
Blinky T. "the egg man" Shark RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> Robb wrote:

>>I guess all I'm saying, is, give a chance a peece.

> Power to the people right on.

Farm out, Daddio.

Whiskers

On 2007-05-05, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> I counted more than 50 lines of unneeded quoted text before your 2
>>> line
>>> reply. I wish you stupid ass Outhouse Express users would learn proper
>>> Usenet etiquette.

>> Nothing to do with the NNTP client that the poster uses. Has all to do
>> with laziness. The same lack of quote snipping is evidenced by users of
>> all NNTP clients.

> No, the slrn mafia always snips.

Sometimes too much. <G>

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Eye In The Sky

"elaich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Eye In The Sky" <ruleman@> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> I counted 39 lines of "code" in your OP while only two of them were
>> needed. I hope your code writing when programming is more concise

> I counted more than 50 lines of unneeded quoted text before your 2 line
> reply. I wish you stupid ass Outhouse Express users would learn proper
> Usenet etiquette.

Necessary to quote entire OP to document/emphasize my point.

Curious though about your jab at my newsreader. I'm wondering--- perhaps
you're one of those wannabe elitists who like to pay for things he can get
for free? So then maybe you need to rationalize that choice by trying to
convince yourself the paid model is somehow better? While those who use a
free and fully functional version are somehow slugs and lowlifes?

Hmmmm?

Vanguard

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> No, the slrn mafia always snips.

I believe those persons are called mohels.

Knut Arvid Keilen

"Knut Arvid Keilen" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Some 10 to 20 years ago I was doing quite a deal of Basic and Pascal (and
> a little Modula-2) programming using some books, printouts and a
> small personal computer that was not up to the standard.
>

> Some programming software are stand-alone products, some other are
> bundled. I would like to know where to get C++ (or better) programming
> software for my use.
>
> Thanks !

Some television or cinema presentations contains computer-created animation
scenes.

For example there is the movie "Abyss".

Also there are true movies, which can be either bought on DVD or even
downloaded some places.

Also there are series about dinosaurs. How they lived and looked like is
shown up in a coloured landscape,
including their bodily movements, quarrels and the like.

A software program like Starry Night Pro Plus version 5.0 or 6.0 (or
Internet Explorer 6 / 7 for that matter) is probably not
made up by people writing single instructions (like PUSH DX / POP DX) at a
time. But whether it is made from top to bottom
or bottom to top is a little difficult to comprehend. At least I can use the
Debug program to have a look at some of the code for
such programs, but when the instructions are in the hundreds of thousands or
even millions, it gets harder to know it all.

Thanks !