Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > ComparatorPro problem, 1 more time

ComparatorPro problem, 1 more time

JohnF

OK, I've had a cup of coffee and am relatively awake, so, here goes;

I use ComparatorPro to sync files between my desktop and 2 laptops.
When I start ComparatorPro it usually displays all the computers on
the network but, sometimes, it will show all the computers except the
last one I sync'd with. On that one it displays only the last folder I
was connected to and I can't access any other folder on that one
computer. All other computers are there and accessible just fine but
no matter what I've tried so far I cannot get to any other folders on
the last sync'd computer. What I usually have to do to get around this
is go to another computer with ComparatorPro installed and sync from
that end.

Any help?

JohnF

My state of mind varies with barometric pressure

meerkat

"JohnF" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> OK, I've had a cup of coffee and am relatively awake, so, here goes;
>
> I use ComparatorPro to sync files between my desktop and 2 laptops.
> When I start ComparatorPro it usually displays all the computers on
> the network but, sometimes, it will show all the computers except the
> last one I sync'd with. On that one it displays only the last folder I
> was connected to and I can't access any other folder on that one
> computer. All other computers are there and accessible just fine but
> no matter what I've tried so far I cannot get to any other folders on
> the last sync'd computer. What I usually have to do to get around this
> is go to another computer with ComparatorPro installed and sync from
> that end.

There is a Q&A board for this program here..
http://www.softbytelabs.com/us/support.pl?product=cp

Seems like it might be the best place to get some help.

bw..

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

meerkat wrote:

> There is a Q&A board for this program here..
> http://www.softbytelabs.com/us/support.pl?product=cp
>
> Seems like it might be the best place to get some help.

As already mentioned (in the "CompatitorPro" thread), that is the board
where he already asked this same question on February 15th, with no

http://www.softbytelabs.com/us/suppo...uct=cp&msg=467

--
-bts

meerkat

news:gTH_h.102733$(E-Mail Removed)...
> meerkat wrote:
>
>> There is a Q&A board for this program here..
>> http://www.softbytelabs.com/us/support.pl?product=cp
>>
>> Seems like it might be the best place to get some help.

> As already mentioned (in the "CompatitorPro" thread), that is the board
> where he already asked this same question on February 15th, with no
>
> http://www.softbytelabs.com/us/suppo...uct=cp&msg=467

Sorry Beau, didn`t remember seeing that.
I dump msgs every night.
Sounds like he ought to dump `titor` and get SyncBack.

bw..

WhzzKdd

"meerkat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news3I_h.5475$%(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:gTH_h.102733$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> meerkat wrote:
>>
>>> There is a Q&A board for this program here..
>>> http://www.softbytelabs.com/us/support.pl?product=cp
>>>
>>> Seems like it might be the best place to get some help.

>> As already mentioned (in the "CompatitorPro" thread), that is the board
>> where he already asked this same question on February 15th, with no
>>
>> http://www.softbytelabs.com/us/suppo...uct=cp&msg=467
>>

> Sorry Beau, didn`t remember seeing that.
> I dump msgs every night.
> Sounds like he ought to dump `titor` and get SyncBack.

Agreed. That's what I use most of the time.
http://www.2brightsparks.com/

And I've used Karen's Replicator from Karen's Power Tools quite successfully
too.
http://www.karenware.com/

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

meerkat wrote:

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> http://www.softbytelabs.com/us/suppo...uct=cp&msg=467

> Sorry Beau, didn`t remember seeing that.

No problem.

> I dump msgs every night.
> Sounds like he ought to dump `titor` and get SyncBack.

Nah, that's just as hard to spell... <lol>

--
-bts