Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > multiple schema elements in one file?

multiple schema elements in one file?

Ingo Siebert

Hi,

is it possible to have more than one schema in one file defined?
Is something like the code below possible?

<xsd:schemas>
<xsd:schema xmlnssd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" ... >
<xsd:element name="execute"> ...
</xsd:schema>

<xsd:schema xmlnssd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" ... >
<xsd:element name="execute"> ...
</xsd:schema>
</xsd:schemas>

Background (why do i ask that):
I want to define complex objects in different namespaces, because my
code generation tool generates java packages for every namespace.
I don't want to have all generated object in one namespace and i don't
want to create a new file for every namespace.

Cheers,

Ingo

Martin Honnen

Ingo Siebert wrote:

> is it possible to have more than one schema in one file defined?
> Is something like the code below possible?
>
> <xsd:schemas>
> <xsd:schema xmlnssd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" ... >
> <xsd:element name="execute"> ...
> </xsd:schema>
>
> <xsd:schema xmlnssd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" ... >
> <xsd:element name="execute"> ...
> </xsd:schema>
> </xsd:schemas>

With the W3C XSD schema language you need one schema for each target
namespace.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/