Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Use custom GINA

Use custom GINA

=?Utf-8?B?R2l4?=

Hi, I have a problem with use of custom GINA under Windows 2003 x64.
At logon the system crash and I must restart and use msginam, under other
OS, like Windows XP, Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 (all x32), my custom GINA
works well. Why? I had compile it under Windows 2003 x64 but have the same
problem. Who can help me?

Thenks

Charlie Russel - MVP

You'll probably do better asking this question in one of the programming
newsgroups. This group is primarily for general 64-bit questions.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

"Gix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I have a problem with use of custom GINA under Windows 2003 x64.
> At logon the system crash and I must restart and use msginam, under other
> OS, like Windows XP, Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 (all x32), my custom
> GINA
> works well. Why? I had compile it under Windows 2003 x64 but have the same
> problem. Who can help me?
>
> Thenks

=?Utf-8?B?R2l4?=

Ops... sorry!!!

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> You'll probably do better asking this question in one of the programming
> newsgroups. This group is primarily for general 64-bit questions.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
>
> "Gix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi, I have a problem with use of custom GINA under Windows 2003 x64.
> > At logon the system crash and I must restart and use msginam, under other
> > OS, like Windows XP, Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 (all x32), my custom
> > GINA
> > works well. Why? I had compile it under Windows 2003 x64 but have the same
> > problem. Who can help me?
> >
> > Thenks

abhinav joshi

hi there,my custom gina works fine on server 2003 32 bit and xp 32 bit,but when i compiled it for 64 bit then it fails to load,i have xp 64 bit installed on my system.?
thanx in advance

Gi wrote:

Use custom GINA
04-May-07

Hi, I have a problem with use of custom GINA under Windows 2003 x64
At logon the system crash and I must restart and use msginam, under other
OS, like Windows XP, Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 (all x32), my custom GINA
works well. Why? I had compile it under Windows 2003 x64 but have the same
problem. Who can help me

Thenks

On Friday, May 04, 2007 5:59 AM
Gi wrote:

Use custom GINA
Hi, I have a problem with use of custom GINA under Windows 2003 x64
At logon the system crash and I must restart and use msginam, under other
OS, like Windows XP, Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 (all x32), my custom GINA
works well. Why? I had compile it under Windows 2003 x64 but have the same
problem. Who can help me

Thenks

-
Charlie
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

On Friday, May 04, 2007 9:59 AM
Gi wrote:

Re: Use custom GINA
Ops... sorry!!

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

JavaScript - Modal Dialog Box - Cross Browser
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...al-dialog.aspx

Charlie Russel - MVP

Custom GINAs are way outside this newsgroup's charter. And since I have a
good friend who has written both custom GINAs and now custom Providers
(Vista/Win7/2k, I can assure you that there are lots of possible problem
areas where there are "features" that can cause issues. You really need to
take questions around GINAs to one of the MSDN forums.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

"abhinav joshi" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi there,my custom gina works fine on server 2003 32 bit and xp 32 bit,but
> when i compiled it for 64 bit then it fails to load,i have xp 64 bit
> installed on my system.?
> thanx in advance
>

> Gi wrote:
>
> Use custom GINA
> 04-May-07
>
> Hi, I have a problem with use of custom GINA under Windows 2003 x64.
> At logon the system crash and I must restart and use msginam, under other
> OS, like Windows XP, Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 (all x32), my custom
> GINA
> works well. Why? I had compile it under Windows 2003 x64 but have the same
> problem. Who can help me?
>
> Thenks

> On Friday, May 04, 2007 5:59 AM
> Gi wrote:
>
> Use custom GINA
> Hi, I have a problem with use of custom GINA under Windows 2003 x64.
> At logon the system crash and I must restart and use msginam, under other
> OS, like Windows XP, Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 (all x32), my custom
> GINA
> works well. Why? I had compile it under Windows 2003 x64 but have the same
> problem. Who can help me?
>
> Thenks
>
> On Friday, May 04, 2007 9:52 AM
> Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
>
> You'll probably do better asking this question in one of the programming
> You'll probably do better asking this question in one of the programming
> newsgroups. This group is primarily for general 64-bit questions.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
>
> On Friday, May 04, 2007 9:59 AM
> Gi wrote:
>
> Re: Use custom GINA
> Ops... sorry!!!
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> JavaScript - Modal Dialog Box - Cross Browser
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...al-dialog.aspx

Dana Epp [Security MVP]

When WinLogon failed to load your GINA DLL, it should assert an exception
and record it in either the System or Application Eventlog (I can't remember
which offhand).

Simply creating a compile target for 64bit will NOT be enough for your GINA.
You need to ensure you are linking to the right 64bit libraries or you will
cause failure on load.

If you are unsure, build a base passthrough GINA from the SDK and point
everything to MSGINA and make sure it will correctly load on your 64bit
target. Then attach WinDbg and step through it, tracing the entry points on
your target system. Then change the GinaDLL reg key to your GINA and step
through again. If you cannot even get it to load, you will know right away.
If it loads and bails as it starts, you can step through and figure out what
is going on.

As Charlie mentioned, this isn't the right forum for this. But the reality
is there is no forum that has the right experience to help you out here
without more information. The closest would be to ask in
microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel. However, before you do, come
prepared. We are going to ask for trace information, minidump results and
information from your kernel debug session. If you don't have any of this or
don't know how to get this, consider opening a case with Microsoft
Development PSS.

You are in the wonderful land of kernel development. You will need to dive
deeper and explain yourself better if you want us to help you.

Regards,
Dana Epp
Microsoft Security MVP