Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > vhdl compiling error message

vhdl compiling error message

Amit

Hello group,

In the first part of a code I see:

use work.analogpacktemp.all

and when I run the compilation command (vcom) I get the following
error:

# ** Error: (vcom-11) Could not find ./work.analogpacktemp.

In the project files I have a file called analogpacktemp.vhd which
containts:

package analogpacktemp is
subtype voltage is real;
subtype current is real;
end analogpacktemp;

What am I missing here? your help will be appreciated greatly.

Regards,
amit

martin.wahlstedt martin.wahlstedt is offline
Junior Member

Do you compile the package into work before you compile your design? That might be the problem.

Paul Uiterlinden

Amit wrote:

> Hello group,
>
> In the first part of a code I see:
>
> use work.analogpacktemp.all
>
> and when I run the compilation command (vcom) I get the following
> error:
>

> # ** Error: (vcom-11) Could not find ./work.analogpacktemp.
>
> In the project files I have a file called analogpacktemp.vhd which
> containts:
>
> package analogpacktemp is
> subtype voltage is real;
> subtype current is real;
> end analogpacktemp;
>
> What am I missing here? your help will be appreciated greatly.

You're missing: vcom analogpacktemp.vhd

Design units made visible by a use clause must have been compiled before the
design unit that contains that use clause.

--
Paul Uiterlinden
www.aimvalley.nl

Amit

On May 4, 8:06 am, Paul Uiterlinden <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Amit wrote:
> > Hello group,

> > In the first part of a code I see:

> > use work.analogpacktemp.all

> > and when I run the compilation command (vcom) I get the following
> > error:

> > # ** Error: (vcom-11) Could not find ./work.analogpacktemp.

> > In the project files I have a file called analogpacktemp.vhd which
> > containts:

> > package analogpacktemp is
> > subtype voltage is real;
> > subtype current is real;
> > end analogpacktemp;

> > What am I missing here? your help will be appreciated greatly.

> You're missing: vcom analogpacktemp.vhd
>
> Design units made visible by a use clause must have been compiled before the
> design unit that contains that use clause.
>
> --
> Paul Uiterlindenwww.aimvalley.nl
> e-mail addres: remove the not.

Thanks, right I was using a wrong syntax in do file.

Regards,
Amit