Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > problem with py2exe and microsoft speech SDK 5.1

problem with py2exe and microsoft speech SDK 5.1

Dave Lim

site:http://surguy.net/articles/speechrecognition.xml

>> So I installed microsoft speech SDK 5.1 and then

used
>> pythonwin COM MakePy utility for it and it worked

out
>> fine. However, I need to compile my program into a
>> .exe and I have no idea how to make this work. I

tried

?

protection aroundhttp://mail.yahoo.com

>I've never done this, but I want to at some point, so

I went and

http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/PythonEggs

>Mike

Thanks for the links. But I already have compiled it
successfully into an executable my only problem is i
still have that error. I still have the same error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "simple-speech-recognition.py", line 57, in ?
TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
cannot create 'NoneType' instances

I used py2exe and I also added typelibs in the options
however that didn't seem to fix my problem. Below is
my setup.py, can anyone tell me what I'm lacking or
doing wrong here?

setup.py

from distutils.core import setup
import py2exe

setup(options = {"py2exe": {"typelibs":
[('{C866CA3A-32F7-11D2-9602-00C04F8EE628}',0,5,0)]}},
console = ["simple.py"])

Dave

http://mail.yahoo.com

francois.schnell@gmail.com

Hi Dave,

I can't help you but maybe you'll have more luck if you try also the
dedicated py2exe mailing list:

https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/...o/py2exe-users

francois

On May 4, 7:36 am, Dave Lim <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >On May 3, 1:29 pm, Dave Lim <diband... at yahoo.com>

> wrote:
> >> Hello, this is my first time in the mailing list so
> >> bear with me.

> >> Basically what I did was I followed this

> site:http://surguy.net/articles/speechrecognition.xml
>

> >> So I installed microsoft speech SDK 5.1 and then

> used
> >> pythonwin COM MakePy utility for it and it worked

> out
> >> fine. However, I need to compile my program into a
> >> .exe and I have no idea how to make this work. I

> tried
> >> using py2exe but I get the error:

> >> Traceback (most recent call last):
> >> File "simple-speech-recognition.py", line 57, in

> ?
> >> TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
> >> cannot create 'NoneType' instances

> >> If anybody knows a good solution to this problem I
> >> would very much appreciate it if you can guide me

> >> the right path / solution.

> >> Thank you very much!
> >> -Dave Lim

> >> Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam

> protection aroundhttp://mail.yahoo.com
>
> >I've never done this, but I want to at some point, so

> I went and
> >grabbed some good links on packaging up Python apps:

> >http://davidf.sjsoft.com/mirrors/mcm.../install1.html
> >http://www.pharscape.org/content/view/33/51/
> >http://wiki.python.org/moin/Py2Exe
> >http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/Tutorial

> >There's also growth in using Python Eggs:

> http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/PythonEggs
>

> >Mike

> Thanks for the links. But I already have compiled it
> successfully into an executable my only problem is i
> still have that error. I still have the same error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "simple-speech-recognition.py", line 57, in ?
> TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
> cannot create 'NoneType' instances
>
> I used py2exe and I also added typelibs in the options
> however that didn't seem to fix my problem. Below is
> my setup.py, can anyone tell me what I'm lacking or
> doing wrong here?
>
> setup.py
>
> from distutils.core import setup
> import py2exe
>
> setup(options = {"py2exe": {"typelibs":
> [('{C866CA3A-32F7-11D2-9602-00C04F8EE628}',0,5,0)]}},
> console = ["simple.py"])
>
> Dave

Switching voices in the speech SDK Michelle Windows 64bit 1 10-20-2009 11:04 PM
problem with py2exe and microsoft speech SDK 5.1 Dave Lim Python 1 05-03-2007 06:48 PM
Miscrosoft speech SDK 5.1 for C++ .net pboulay@hotmail.com C++ 2 03-16-2005 02:27 PM
ms speech sdk 5.1 ceyhunergun MCAD 0 05-11-2004 08:46 AM
Microsoft Speech SDK Hrvoje C++ 1 10-14-2003 09:28 AM

Advertisments