Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > New to Intel mobos

New to Intel mobos

Gaius Baltar

Acquired DG965OTMKR Viiv mobo recently.

Works OK, but I've very puzzled by 2 things:

1. There is no POST display (unlike Asus, Gigabyte, MSI mainboards
which I have in other PCs which all have full POST displays)

2. My Acronis Bootable Recovery CD in Full Mode can find neither SATA
nor IDE hard-disks - one of each is installed (Acronis works well with
several other PCs I have, so why the problem with this one?)

Comments?

gb

Bob Bailin

"Gaius Baltar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Acquired DG965OTMKR Viiv mobo recently.
>
> Works OK, but I've very puzzled by 2 things:
>
> 1. There is no POST display (unlike Asus, Gigabyte, MSI mainboards
> which I have in other PCs which all have full POST displays)
>
> 2. My Acronis Bootable Recovery CD in Full Mode can find neither SATA
> nor IDE hard-disks - one of each is installed (Acronis works well with
> several other PCs I have, so why the problem with this one?)
>
> Comments?
>
> gb

1. You're right, there's no POST display on any of the Intel DG965 series.
But using the Intel Integrator toolkit, you can replace the Intel logo with
an image of your own choosing.

2. What is your IDE configuration set to? You can configure SATA as
Native or Legacy. If set to Native, you have further choices of IDE, AHCI
and RAID. Your Acronis CD will probably only recognize SATA disks in
Legacy mode. Your IDE disk has to be jumpered for Master or single-disk
mode or it may not be recognized. Try each disk by itself before you try
them both together. If the disks appear on the BIOS boot menu, then
the system is recognizing them even if your Acronis program isn't.

Don't forget to upgrade your BIOS with the latest version from
http://support.intel.com. Burning an ISO image to a CD is the easiest
option if you have another PC and don't have Windows installed.

Bob

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Bob Bailin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Gaius Baltar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Acquired DG965OTMKR Viiv mobo recently.
>>
>> Works OK, but I've very puzzled by 2 things:
>>
>> 1. There is no POST display (unlike Asus, Gigabyte, MSI mainboards
>> which I have in other PCs which all have full POST displays)

>1. You're right, there's no POST display on any of the Intel DG965 series.
>But using the Intel Integrator toolkit, you can replace the Intel logo with
>an image of your own choosing.

The tool kit is a bit overkill, the OP can just download Splash.exe
http://support.intel.com/support/mot.../cs-009045.htm

--
Pastor dave helps jack off the horse.
http://images.dailykos.com/images/us...ainerdClip.jpg

Gaius Baltar

On Fri, 04 May 2007 18:36:17 GMT, "Bob Bailin"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>1. You're right, there's no POST display on any of the Intel DG965 series.

Grrrrrr.. why do Intel have to be different?

>But using the Intel Integrator toolkit, you can replace the Intel logo with
>an image of your own choosing.

Cosmetic but better than nothing

>2. What is your IDE configuration set to? You can configure SATA as
>Native or Legacy. If set to Native, you have further choices of IDE, AHCI
>and RAID. Your Acronis CD will probably only recognize SATA disks in
>Legacy mode. Your IDE disk has to be jumpered for Master or single-disk
>mode or it may not be recognized. Try each disk by itself before you try
>them both together. If the disks appear on the BIOS boot menu, then
>the system is recognizing them even if your Acronis program isn't.

The IDE was Master. I'l try Native.

>Don't forget to upgrade your BIOS with the latest version from
>http://support.intel.com. Burning an ISO image to a CD is the easiest
>option if you have another PC and don't have Windows installed.

Yes I did get the latest ver.

>Bob

thanks for your help

jd