Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco 3560 question about VLANs and routing.

Cisco 3560 question about VLANs and routing.

Rich

I have a 3560 with multiple VLANs, IP routing is enabled between VLANs - all
works well. The default gateway on the 3560 is set to my firewalls IP
address, and internet traffic is correctly routed.

Is it possible to isolate one of the VLANs so that it is not routed with the
others, but still have internet traffic on the isolated VLAN routed to the
default gateway?

--
Rich

http://www.badangling.com -= Sea fishing badly explained =-

Trendkill

On May 3, 3:23 pm, "Rich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have a 3560 with multiple VLANs, IP routing is enabled between VLANs - all
> works well. The default gateway on the 3560 is set to my firewalls IP
> address, and internet traffic is correctly routed.
>
> Is it possible to isolate one of the VLANs so that it is not routed with the
> others, but still have internet traffic on the isolated VLAN routed to the
> default gateway?
>
> --
> Rich
>
> http://www.badangling.com -= Sea fishing badly explained =-

Put an ACL on the VLAN interface ('in') that denies traffic destined
to other VLANs, with a permit ip any any on the end. This will block
communications to your other networks, and allow what you want.

Rich

"Trendkill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> On May 3, 3:23 pm, "Rich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I have a 3560 with multiple VLANs, IP routing is enabled between VLANs -
>> all
>> works well. The default gateway on the 3560 is set to my firewalls IP
>> address, and internet traffic is correctly routed.
>>
>> Is it possible to isolate one of the VLANs so that it is not routed with
>> the
>> others, but still have internet traffic on the isolated VLAN routed to
>> the
>> default gateway?
>>
>> --
>> Rich
>>
>> http://www.badangling.com -= Sea fishing badly explained =-

> Put an ACL on the VLAN interface ('in') that denies traffic destined
> to other VLANs, with a permit ip any any on the end. This will block
> communications to your other networks, and allow what you want.

Thanks Trendkill