Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Virgin/NTL Broadband help

Reply
Thread Tools

Virgin/NTL Broadband help

 
 
meerkat
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-03-2007

"Blinky the Shark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> meerkat wrote:
>>
>> "Aardvark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> newshm_h.5326$%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> On Thu, 03 May 2007 14:50:57 +0100, Dave Croft wrote:
>>>
>>>> Before Virgin took over NTL there used to be a site stating all the
>>>> areas
>>>> in the UK
>>>> that had NTL problems.
>>>> I cannot now find this any more. Does anyone know if a similar site
>>>> still
>>>> exists?
>>>> TIA
>>>>
>>>
>>> Hey Dave- Runcorn here
>>>

>> Hey Aardvark- Coventry here <g>.
>> We`ll (TINW) soon have our own network %. )

>
> Hey you guys -- Los Angeles here, you silly Brits.
>

You can join our club, I like sharks <g>.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Whiskers
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-03-2007
On 2007-05-03, meerkat <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> "Blinky the Shark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> meerkat wrote:
>>>
>>> "Aardvark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> newshm_h.5326$%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>> On Thu, 03 May 2007 14:50:57 +0100, Dave Croft wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Before Virgin took over NTL there used to be a site stating all the
>>>>> areas
>>>>> in the UK
>>>>> that had NTL problems.
>>>>> I cannot now find this any more. Does anyone know if a similar site
>>>>> still
>>>>> exists?
>>>>> TIA
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Hey Dave- Runcorn here
>>>>
>>> Hey Aardvark- Coventry here <g>.
>>> We`ll (TINW) soon have our own network %. )

>>
>> Hey you guys -- Los Angeles here, you silly Brits.
>>

> You can join our club, I like sharks <g>.


For the record, even in the UK other ISPs are available.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers
-- ~~~~~~~~~~
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Blinky the Shark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-04-2007
meerkat wrote:
>
> "Blinky the Shark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> meerkat wrote:
>>>
>>> "Aardvark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> newshm_h.5326$%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>> On Thu, 03 May 2007 14:50:57 +0100, Dave Croft wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Before Virgin took over NTL there used to be a site stating all the
>>>>> areas
>>>>> in the UK
>>>>> that had NTL problems.
>>>>> I cannot now find this any more. Does anyone know if a similar site
>>>>> still
>>>>> exists?
>>>>> TIA
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Hey Dave- Runcorn here
>>>>
>>> Hey Aardvark- Coventry here <g>.
>>> We`ll (TINW) soon have our own network %. )

>>
>> Hey you guys -- Los Angeles here, you silly Brits.
>>

> You can join our club, I like sharks <g>.


Okay. And on the flip side...

Blinky is a Contributing Sponsor of the Shark Research Institute:

http://www.sharks.org/

Show your support with a small contribution.

The bastages have recently gone to a Flash website. I may move to
another institution over this. Grrrrrrr.


--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
\Fat Tony\ D'Amico
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-04-2007
Blinky the Shark wrote:

>Okay. And on the flip side...
>
>Blinky is a Contributing Sponsor of the Shark Research Institute:
>
>http://www.sharks.org/
>
>Show your support with a small contribution.



"A primary conservation strategy of SRI is creating value for sharks
as sustainable natural resources for tourism industries, particularly
in developing countries. "

Big deal... What other "value" do sharks provide?

 
Reply With Quote
 
Blinky the Shark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-04-2007
\"Fat Tony" D'Amico wrote:
> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>
>>Okay. And on the flip side...
>>
>>Blinky is a Contributing Sponsor of the Shark Research Institute:
>>
>>http://www.sharks.org/
>>
>>Show your support with a small contribution.

>
> "A primary conservation strategy of SRI is creating value for sharks
> as sustainable natural resources for tourism industries, particularly
> in developing countries. "


They also tag and monitor them for research, and that kind of stuff.

That said, sustainable natural resources are a good idea.

> Big deal... What other "value" do sharks provide?


A position in the food chain.

Food for humans.

What "value" do sunsets provide?


--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
\Fat Tony\ D'Amico
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-04-2007
Blinky the Shark wrote:

>\"Fat Tony" D'Amico wrote:
>> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>>
>>>Okay. And on the flip side...
>>>
>>>Blinky is a Contributing Sponsor of the Shark Research Institute:
>>>
>>>http://www.sharks.org/
>>>
>>>Show your support with a small contribution.

>>
>> "A primary conservation strategy of SRI is creating value for sharks
>> as sustainable natural resources for tourism industries, particularly
>> in developing countries. "

>
>They also tag and monitor them for research, and that kind of stuff.


So what? That does not make me whip out the checkbook.

>
>That said, sustainable natural resources are a good idea.


Yeah. They are. Sharks are but one cog in the larger machine.

>
>> Big deal... What other "value" do sharks provide?

>
>A position in the food chain.


As all living things do, but that does not make be want to finance
"research" to things that are not necessary. I might as well finance
algae research.

>
>Food for humans.


I don't eat shark. Never will.


>
>What "value" do sunsets provide?



No such thing as sunsets. That is a perception of your relative
location to Earth and our sun.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Aardvark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-04-2007
On Fri, 04 May 2007 01:04:56 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:

> \"Fat Tony" D'Amico wrote:
>> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>>
>>>Okay. And on the flip side...
>>>
>>>Blinky is a Contributing Sponsor of the Shark Research Institute:
>>>
>>>http://www.sharks.org/
>>>
>>>Show your support with a small contribution.

>>
>> "A primary conservation strategy of SRI is creating value for sharks
>> as sustainable natural resources for tourism industries, particularly
>> in developing countries. "

>
> They also tag and monitor them for research, and that kind of stuff.
>
> That said, sustainable natural resources are a good idea.
>
>> Big deal... What other "value" do sharks provide?

>
> A position in the food chain.
>
> Food for humans.
>
> What "value" do sunsets provide?
>
>


I eat shark steaks regularly. If I could eat a sunset, I would

--
Registered Linux User 413057.
Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06
You can have it all. My empire of hurt.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Blinky the Shark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-04-2007
\"Fat Tony" D'Amico wrote:
> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>
>>\"Fat Tony" D'Amico wrote:
>>> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>>>
>>>>Okay. And on the flip side...
>>>>
>>>>Blinky is a Contributing Sponsor of the Shark Research Institute:
>>>>
>>>>http://www.sharks.org/
>>>>
>>>>Show your support with a small contribution.
>>>
>>> "A primary conservation strategy of SRI is creating value for sharks
>>> as sustainable natural resources for tourism industries, particularly
>>> in developing countries. "

>>
>>They also tag and monitor them for research, and that kind of stuff.

>
> So what? That does not make me whip out the checkbook.


So what? I'm not spending your money.

>>That said, sustainable natural resources are a good idea.

>
> Yeah. They are. Sharks are but one cog in the larger machine.
>
>>
>>> Big deal... What other "value" do sharks provide?

>>
>>A position in the food chain.

>
> As all living things do, but that does not make be want to finance
> "research" to things that are not necessary. I might as well finance
> algae research.


So finance what you care about. Like I do.

>>Food for humans.

>
> I don't eat shark. Never will.


Who cares?

>>What "value" do sunsets provide?

>
> No such thing as sunsets. That is a perception of your relative
> location to Earth and our sun.


Have a nice life.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
Blinky the Shark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-04-2007
Aardvark wrote:
> On Fri, 04 May 2007 01:04:56 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:
>
>> \"Fat Tony" D'Amico wrote:
>>> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>>>
>>>>Okay. And on the flip side...
>>>>
>>>>Blinky is a Contributing Sponsor of the Shark Research Institute:
>>>>
>>>>http://www.sharks.org/
>>>>
>>>>Show your support with a small contribution.
>>>
>>> "A primary conservation strategy of SRI is creating value for sharks
>>> as sustainable natural resources for tourism industries, particularly
>>> in developing countries. "

>>
>> They also tag and monitor them for research, and that kind of stuff.
>>
>> That said, sustainable natural resources are a good idea.
>>
>>> Big deal... What other "value" do sharks provide?

>>
>> A position in the food chain.
>>
>> Food for humans.
>>
>> What "value" do sunsets provide?

>
> I eat shark steaks regularly. If I could eat a sunset, I would


A good shark steak is a fine thing.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
\Fat Tony\ D'Amico
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-04-2007
Blinky the Shark wrote:

>Have a nice life.



I was expecting a plea for some kind of shark crisis that needed to be
solved. I guess there is none, you wanted funds for an organization
that puts money in your pocket, apparently.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WIRELESS G BROADBAND ROUTER OR WIRELESS N BROADBAND ROUTER Bill Wireless Networking 2 05-28-2008 04:04 PM
HELP ! - Cisco 350 wireless LAN card and broadband Tyler Cisco 3 10-30-2005 03:00 AM
help need Microsoft Broadband Network Utility Software!!!! =?Utf-8?B?QmxhZGVtYXN0ZXI=?= Wireless Networking 0 08-20-2005 03:29 PM
Can't setup Broadband Help John Wireless Networking 14 12-20-2004 11:54 AM
Microsoft Broadband Help Home PC Microsoft Certification 0 01-03-2004 07:54 AM



Advertisments