Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Winlogon 1219

Reply
Thread Tools

Winlogon 1219

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBTLiBBbmRyb3Nvdg==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-03-2007
I have Windows Server R2 2003 computer. I'm using remote desktop for
administration.
When I cannot connect to my server from Remote Desktop program I received
next error in the Event Log:
Source: winlogon
ID: 1219
Logon rejected for domain\adminuser. Unable to obtain Terminal Server User
Configuration. Error: The specified domain either does not exist or could not
be contacted.

But I can login from main consiole at this time.

What's is a problem?

Michael S. Androsov

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Charlie Russel - MVP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-03-2007
The error message is pretty clear - it can't get the terminal server user
configuration from the domain controller. I suspect a networking issue, or
possible a group policy issue, but really this isn't a 64bit question -
you're probably best asking this over on one of the terminal server related
newsgroups. Perhaps microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services would be a
good place to start.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

"Michael S. Androsov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have Windows Server R2 2003 computer. I'm using remote desktop for
> administration.
> When I cannot connect to my server from Remote Desktop program I received
> next error in the Event Log:
> Source: winlogon
> ID: 1219
> Logon rejected for domain\adminuser. Unable to obtain Terminal Server User
> Configuration. Error: The specified domain either does not exist or could
> not
> be contacted.
>
> But I can login from main consiole at this time.
>
> What's is a problem?
>
> Michael S. Androsov
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBTLiBBbmRyb3Nvdg==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-04-2007
OK.
Interestingly. Rebooting a server solving this problem.

Michale S. Androsov

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> The error message is pretty clear - it can't get the terminal server user
> configuration from the domain controller. I suspect a networking issue, or
> possible a group policy issue, but really this isn't a 64bit question -
> you're probably best asking this over on one of the terminal server related
> newsgroups. Perhaps microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services would be a
> good place to start.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
>
> "Michael S. Androsov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have Windows Server R2 2003 computer. I'm using remote desktop for
> > administration.
> > When I cannot connect to my server from Remote Desktop program I received
> > next error in the Event Log:
> > Source: winlogon
> > ID: 1219
> > Logon rejected for domain\adminuser. Unable to obtain Terminal Server User
> > Configuration. Error: The specified domain either does not exist or could
> > not
> > be contacted.
> >
> > But I can login from main consiole at this time.
> >
> > What's is a problem?
> >
> > Michael S. Androsov
> >

>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Charlie Russel - MVP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-04-2007
Yes, that wouldn't surprise me.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/charlie.russel


"Michael S. Androsov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> OK.
> Interestingly. Rebooting a server solving this problem.
>
> Michale S. Androsov
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> The error message is pretty clear - it can't get the terminal server user
>> configuration from the domain controller. I suspect a networking issue,
>> or
>> possible a group policy issue, but really this isn't a 64bit question -
>> you're probably best asking this over on one of the terminal server
>> related
>> newsgroups. Perhaps microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services would be a
>> good place to start.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
>>
>> "Michael S. Androsov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>> in
>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I have Windows Server R2 2003 computer. I'm using remote desktop for
>> > administration.
>> > When I cannot connect to my server from Remote Desktop program I
>> > received
>> > next error in the Event Log:
>> > Source: winlogon
>> > ID: 1219
>> > Logon rejected for domain\adminuser. Unable to obtain Terminal Server
>> > User
>> > Configuration. Error: The specified domain either does not exist or
>> > could
>> > not
>> > be contacted.
>> >
>> > But I can login from main consiole at this time.
>> >
>> > What's is a problem?
>> >
>> > Michael S. Androsov
>> >

>>


 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBTLiBBbmRyb3Nvdg==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-04-2007
One more message in the Event Log. May be this is same prioblem?
Source: Tcpip
ID: 4191
IP could not open the registry key for adapter
TCPIP\Parameters\Adapters\NDISWANIP. Interfaces on this adapter will not be
initialized.

Michael S. Androsov

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Java threads and WinLogon processes taking CPU Larry Minj Java 0 04-27-2005 03:35 PM
WINLOGON.EXE -- Aplication Error SUPERJSM MCSE 6 05-25-2004 12:44 PM
winlogon has caused an error in MSVCRT.DLL MiniEmma Computer Support 13 05-11-2004 06:24 PM
Winlogon.exe entry point =?Utf-8?B?TWFzdGVyIExlZQ==?= Microsoft Certification 2 04-26-2004 11:49 PM
winlogon.exe Jay Computer Support 27 01-14-2004 09:27 AM



Advertisments