Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Strange printer problem

Strange printer problem

newman

I have just reloaded the software [again] for my Dell A810 printer. The
printer is working. However when I go back to print after say a couple
of weeks and try to print I get a message to say there is no printer
connected. The only cure is to reload the software. This has now
happened 3 times. Any ideas on why this is happening?

Regards

Nick

"newman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have just reloaded the software [again] for my Dell A810 printer. The
> printer is working. However when I go back to print after say a couple
> of weeks and try to print I get a message to say there is no printer
> connected. The only cure is to reload the software. This has now
> happened 3 times. Any ideas on why this is happening?
>
> Regards

Hi -

What operating system?
What hardware?
What kind of connection?
What program are you printing from?
How often do you reboot the computer?
Do you leave your printer on always?

thanatoid

newman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I have just reloaded the software [again] for my Dell A810
> printer. The printer is working. However when I go back to
> print after say a couple of weeks and try to print I get a
> message to say there is no printer connected. The only cure
> is to reload the software. This has now happened 3 times.
> Any ideas on why this is happening?
>
> Regards

This probably won't make you feel any better but I've had an HP
LaserJet for years with the same except even worse problem -
sometimes it would print a job, but sooner or later something
would go wrong (the windows printing queue is a complete joke),
and when rebooted, "no printer". I actually copied the install
disks onto another partition because I had to reinstall the
****ing thing so often.

Now I have an "Acronis True Image" mirror image of the C:\
partition and I just restore it. 5 minutes later I again have a
perfect setup (with the added benefit of vaporizing all the crap
that has accumulated all over Windows in the meantime).

newman

Nick wrote:

> "newman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have just reloaded the software [again] for my Dell A810 printer. The
> > printer is working. However when I go back to print after say a couple
> > of weeks and try to print I get a message to say there is no printer
> > connected. The only cure is to reload the software. This has now
> > happened 3 times. Any ideas on why this is happening?
> >
> > Regards

> Hi -
>
> What operating system?
> What hardware?
> What kind of connection?
> What program are you printing from?
> How often do you reboot the computer?
> Do you leave your printer on always?

XP Home
Dell Dimension 2400
USB
Various programs, the fault is also there when scanning using Dell AIO
centre.
Reboot only when needed.
Printer switched off when not required.

Regards