Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > malloc call not returning

malloc call not returning

Peter Nilsson

Richard Heathfield <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Flash Gordon said:
> > You are still using the wrong tool for the job. If you
> > want you[r] C code analysed use a tool designed to
> > analyse C code, not a tool designed to compile C++
> > code.

> No, Flash, he's right - if he wants more warnings, using a
> compiler for a different language is a great way to get
> them. Personally, for this purpose I can wholeheartedly
> recommend using a COBOL compiler.

If only you had recommended that to dmr 20 years ago.

--
Peter

Norbert Leister

Hi,

I'm using:

gcc -O3 -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align
-Waggregate-return -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wshadow
-Wstrict-prototypes -c

but I've to confess, that I don't know all params, because I'm just
working in a team who started working on that project before I joined -
and it is my first larger project.

Greeting:

Norbert