Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Has anyone got shockwave player to install

Has anyone got shockwave player to install

=?Utf-8?B?U2FzaGE=?=

I have been trying to get shockwave player to install now over 3 months. I
tried once ever month. But it still gives me an error. And adobe states that
they don't have one for the 64-bit bowser yet.

Any help would be appreciated?

Colin Barnhorst

Which browser are you using? 32bit or 64bit?

"Sasha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have been trying to get shockwave player to install now over 3 months. I
> tried once ever month. But it still gives me an error. And adobe states
> that
> they don't have one for the 64-bit bowser yet.
>
> Any help would be appreciated?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Hi:
Try the offline version v10.2.0.021 downloadable here:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Interne...e-Player.shtml
Carlos

"Sasha" wrote:

> I have been trying to get shockwave player to install now over 3 months. I
> tried once ever month. But it still gives me an error. And adobe states that
> they don't have one for the 64-bit bowser yet.
>
> Any help would be appreciated?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Or this older version (10.1.4.020)
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/win/8179
which I could install in Vista.
Carlos

"Carlos" wrote:

> Hi:
> Try the offline version v10.2.0.021 downloadable here:
> http://www.softpedia.com/get/Interne...e-Player.shtml
> Carlos
>

> "Sasha" wrote:
>
> > I have been trying to get shockwave player to install now over 3 months. I
> > tried once ever month. But it still gives me an error. And adobe states that
> > they don't have one for the 64-bit bowser yet.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated?

=?Utf-8?B?U2FzaGE=?=

I usually use 32bit browser but even the 64bit won't load it from the website.

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> Which browser are you using? 32bit or 64bit?
>
> "Sasha" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have been trying to get shockwave player to install now over 3 months. I
> > tried once ever month. But it still gives me an error. And adobe states
> > that
> > they don't have one for the 64-bit bowser yet.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated?

=?Utf-8?B?U2FzaGE=?=

Nope that didn't work. It game the same error.

The error reads:

Could not load the DLL library
C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Shockwave
10\gi.dll. The application has failed to start
because its side-by-side configuration is
incorrect. Please see the application event log
for more detail.

"Carlos" wrote:

> Hi:
> Try the offline version v10.2.0.021 downloadable here:
> http://www.softpedia.com/get/Interne...e-Player.shtml
> Carlos
>

> "Sasha" wrote:
>
> > I have been trying to get shockwave player to install now over 3 months. I
> > tried once ever month. But it still gives me an error. And adobe states that
> > they don't have one for the 64-bit bowser yet.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Sasha:
Try the older version in my other post.
That is the one I could install.
The newer one gave me your very same error.
Carlos

"Sasha" wrote:

> Nope that didn't work. It game the same error.
>
> The error reads:
>
> Could not load the DLL library
> C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Shockwave
> 10\gi.dll. The application has failed to start
> because its side-by-side configuration is
> incorrect. Please see the application event log
> for more detail.
>
> "Carlos" wrote:
>
> > Hi:
> > Try the offline version v10.2.0.021 downloadable here:
> > http://www.softpedia.com/get/Interne...e-Player.shtml
> > Carlos
> >

> > "Sasha" wrote:
> >
> > > I have been trying to get shockwave player to install now over 3 months. I
> > > tried once ever month. But it still gives me an error. And adobe states that
> > > they don't have one for the 64-bit bowser yet.
> > >
> > > Any help would be appreciated?

Tony Sperling

Also, with failed installations - probably a good idea to un-install first
and make sure to 'manually' remove any leftover directories/folders if
necessary, and re-booting twice before installing again. I know, it
kind-a-looks like an 'incantation' - but it's simply part of the more
sensible housekeeping of an OS.

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sasha:
> Try the older version in my other post.
> That is the one I could install.
> The newer one gave me your very same error.
> Carlos
>
> "Sasha" wrote:
>
> > Nope that didn't work. It game the same error.
> >
> > The error reads:
> >
> > Could not load the DLL library
> > C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Shockwave
> > 10\gi.dll. The application has failed to start
> > because its side-by-side configuration is
> > incorrect. Please see the application event log
> > for more detail.
> >
> > "Carlos" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi:
> > > Try the offline version v10.2.0.021 downloadable here:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Interne...e-Player.shtml
> > > Carlos

months. I

states that

=?Utf-8?B?bHkucG9saW50YW5qckBob3RtYWlsLmNvbQ==?=

"Sasha" wrote:

> I have been trying to get shockwave player to install now over 3 months. I
> tried once ever month. But it still gives me an error. And adobe states that
> they don't have one for the 64-bit bowser yet.
>
> Any help would be appreciated?

=?Utf-8?B?eHRlbGE=?=

You need to move the macromed folder from C:\Windows\SysWOW64 to
C:\Windows\system32 . Then the shockwave install program will work. Just
cut and paste the macromed folder to the location required by the installer
program then run install again.
shockwave links:
Using 32 bit IE click here to verify flash instalation:
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/
The direct download link is here:
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/downl...ShockwaveFlash
The support center page is here: