Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > error: aggregate 'Window wnd' has incomplete type and cannot be defined

error: aggregate 'Window wnd' has incomplete type and cannot be defined

geowong@ucdavis.edu

Hi,

I'm trying to write a basic version of microsoft excel using ncurses.h
to draw the tables, i've declared a class Window and Cell, but i get
this error when i try to compile

error: aggregate 'Window wnd' has incomplete type and cannot be
defined

this comes from the line in int main of main.cpp
Window wnd;

i've made sure all my #includes for standard libraries and all .h
files are present, am i missing something?

Jim Langston

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to write a basic version of microsoft excel using ncurses.h
> to draw the tables, i've declared a class Window and Cell, but i get
> this error when i try to compile
>
> error: aggregate 'Window wnd' has incomplete type and cannot be
> defined
>
> this comes from the line in int main of main.cpp
> Window wnd;
>
> i've made sure all my #includes for standard libraries and all .h
> files are present, am i missing something?

Sounds Microsoft specific. Try a microsoft newsgroup.

Incidently, why are you trying to recreate the wheel? If you need a
free/opensource excell spreadsheet, try openoffice.