Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Vista crap???

Vista crap???

Christopher Syn

If you have purchased a Toshiba computer with Windows Vista Business or
Windows Vista Ultimate pre-installed, Windows Vista downgrade rights permit
you to 'downgrade' to any version of Windows XP Professional (including
Tablet PC Edition & x64 Edition). In this context, downgrade means to
install and use Windows XP Professional in place of Windows Vista. You may
downgrade to either a new copy of Windows XP, or to a copy that has already
been installed (and activated) on another computer.

These downgrade rights are granted by Microsoft Corporation. For further
information on this topic, contact Microsoft, or visit microsoft.com.

When you downgrade to a previously activated copy of Windows XP, the online
activation procedure will fail, and you will be prompted to call the
Microsoft Activation Support Line (866-740-1256). The Support Line staff
will verify that you have a valid Windows Vista Business or Windows Vista
Ultimate license and will assist you with the activation of your copy of
Windows XP

Windows Vista downgrade rights permit you to use either Windows XP or
Windows Vista on your computer, but not both. The most straightforward way
to downgrade from Windows Vista to Windows XP is to back up all of your data
files and documents, format the hard disk drive, and then install Windows
XP. Before you downgrade to Windows XP, you may wish to use the software
(included with some Toshiba computers) that allows you to create recovery
media, from which you could re-install Windows Vista in the future.

You must possess or obtain your own copy of Windows XP for downgrading.
Toshiba does not provide copies of Windows XP for this purpose.

Only Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate may be downgraded.
Windows Vista Home Basic and Windows Vista Home Premium may not be
downgraded.

Windows Vista downgrade rights support downgrading to Windows XP
Professional only, and not to Windows XP Home, and not to Windows 2000 or
other earlier versions of the Windows operating system.

Windows Vista downgrade rights also permit you to later re-install your copy
of Windows Vista -- once you have removed your copy of Windows XP from the
computer.

Mr. Arnold

Man please, stop your whining. What's your point? If you can't deal with it,
may I suggest that you skip and hippty hop over to Linux.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Christopher Syn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>If you have purchased a Toshiba computer with Windows Vista Business or
>Windows Vista Ultimate pre-installed, Windows Vista downgrade rights permit
>you to 'downgrade' to any version of Windows XP Professional (including
>Tablet PC Edition & x64 Edition). In this context, downgrade means to
>install and use Windows XP Professional in place of Windows Vista. You may
>downgrade to either a new copy of Windows XP, or to a copy that has already
>been installed (and activated) on another computer.

There is an alternative now that's been loooong in coming.

Dell To Offer Ubuntu
http://www.ubuntu.com/news/dell-to-offer-ubuntu
http://direct2dell.com/one2one/archi.../01/13147.aspx

--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
http://rudd-o.com/archives/2007/04/3...d-this-number/

Christopher Syn

no one is whining, this is reverse engineering

"Mr. Arnold" <MR. http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:unRZh.7318$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> Man please, stop your whining. What's your point? If you can't deal with
> it, may I suggest that you skip and hippty hop over to Linux.

Mr. Arnold

"Christopher Syn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:FGRZh.79$(E-Mail Removed)...
> no one is whining, this is reverse engineering

Yeah, yeah I just purchased a new laptop. Every store I went into and on
every computer there was Vista.

I just purchased Vista Ultimate, because Home Premium that came with the
laptop doesn't come with the full version of IIS 7.0 that I need to do
development work.

How many purchasers of new computers are even going to go back to a
previous version of the NT based O/S? There are not going to be many that
will do it.

How many purchasers of new computers are even going to bother with Linux,
even with Linux being a viable solution on a Dell computer, the other poster
is making? There are not going to be many that will deal with it.

Vista is here and no one is going backwards or jumping ship to another
solution. Those are the facts.

WhzzKdd

"Christopher Syn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_eRZh.4939$(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you have purchased a Toshiba computer with Windows Vista Business or
> Windows Vista Ultimate pre-installed,

Snip excessive verbage containing no pertinent query.

> Windows Vista downgrade rights also permit you to later re-install your
> copy of Windows Vista -- once you have removed your copy of Windows XP
> from the computer.

Is there a question here somewhere, or are you just whining?

sittingduck

Christopher Syn wrote:

> with Windows Vista Business or
> Windows Vista Ultimate pre-installed, Windows Vista downgrade rights
> permit you to 'downgrade' to any version of Windows XP Professional
> (including Tablet PC Edition & x64 Edition). I

Sounds like an UPGRADE to me....

sittingduck

Mr. Arnold wrote:

> Vista is here and no one is going backwards or jumping ship to another
> solution. Those are the facts.

Guess I'll have to stay in the stone age then... cuz that **** aint gonna go
on my computers. And if I buy one that has it on there, (very unlikely) it's
getting removed straightaway.

Mr. Arnold

"sittingduck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9923C7C993200duckrulestheuniverse@invalid. quakefour.net...
> Mr. Arnold wrote:
>
>> Vista is here and no one is going backwards or jumping ship to another
>> solution. Those are the facts.

> Guess I'll have to stay in the stone age then... cuz that **** aint gonna
> go
> on my computers. And if I buy one that has it on there, (very unlikely)
> it's
> getting removed straightaway.

That's your problem not mine. And may I suggest you get a case of Charmin
for your shitting issues and make sure you wipe well.

sittingduck

Mr. Arnold wrote:

> That's your problem not mine. And may I suggest you get a case of Charmin
> for your shitting issues and make sure you wipe well.

Your obvious intelligence and extreme wit astounds me. You win.