Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Streaming Paltalk - Question

Streaming Paltalk - Question

alij

Hi,

Is there a software out there that can capture incoming stream on a
Windows PC (from Paltalk) and relay it to a software that can run on a
Mac, in real time? The reason is because Paltalk does not support Mac,
and buying Virtual PC and Installing Windows OS is going to be costly.

Thanks

Alij

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

alij <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is there a software out there that can capture incoming stream on a
>Windows PC (from Paltalk) and relay it to a software that can run on a
>Mac, in real time? The reason is because Paltalk does not support Mac,
>and buying Virtual PC and Installing Windows OS is going to be costly.

I don't know what paltalk is, but VLC should be able to handle it (on
your Mac). http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

File > network stream

--
The Beatles -- A Day in the Life
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gZez_k4vAzU

alij

On May 1, 1:29 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> alij <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >Hi,

> >Is there a software out there that can capture incoming stream on a
> >Windows PC (from Paltalk) and relay it to a software that can run on a
> >Mac, in real time? The reason is because Paltalk does not support Mac,
> >and buying Virtual PC and Installing Windows OS is going to be costly.

> I don't know what paltalk is, but VLC should be able to handle it (on
> your Mac).http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
>
> File > network stream
>
> --
> The Beatles -- A Day in the Lifehttp://youtube.com/watch?v=gZez_k4vAzU

The problem is, what I want to stream is not a file. Is there a way I
can take an input network stream, or what my speaker is playing, and
stream it out?

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

alij <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On May 1, 1:29 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> alij <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> >Hi,

>> >Is there a software out there that can capture incoming stream on a
>> >Windows PC (from Paltalk) and relay it to a software that can run on a
>> >Mac, in real time? The reason is because Paltalk does not support Mac,
>> >and buying Virtual PC and Installing Windows OS is going to be costly.

>> I don't know what paltalk is, but VLC should be able to handle it (on
>> your Mac).http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
>>
>> File > network stream

>The problem is, what I want to stream is not a file. Is there a way I
>can take an input network stream, or what my speaker is playing, and
>stream it out?

Paltalk http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paltalk I know now.

VLC will also stream network feeds, it's just listed under the File
menu - it will do files as well if you capture it on the WinOS.

VLC is very versatile, small, and a stand alone program (don't have to
install it, just put it in a directory and pull an Icon from it).

It was just a suggestion that you might play with.

Use the netstat -b -n equivalent for Mac, and input that ip address
--

alij <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The problem is, what I want to stream is not a file. Is there a way I
>can take an input network stream, or what my speaker is playing, and
>stream it out?

Might of misunderstood you, thought you wished an input stream.
If you wish to send an output stream, Check VideoLan.
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/streaming.html
--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
http://rudd-o.com/archives/2007/04/3...d-this-number/