Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Back to VOIP Stunt

Back to VOIP Stunt

Phil

Hi, I was using sipgate for the free calls (if you credit every 90 days). I
now see they charge, so upon some great advice a few weeks ago on this
group, I have setup a voipstunt account, so before I credit, I read that if
I topup every 4 months (10Euro) I will get 300mins a week free, and this
will not dent my 10 euro???

Any better deals before I do a paypal credit, also when I was going to pay
by paypal It did not show up with the little yellow lock to indicate a
secure connection when asking me for my paypal username and password??? I
should be worried shouldn't I??

Brian A

On Tue, 01 May 2007 18:17:30 GMT, "Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi, I was using sipgate for the free calls (if you credit every 90 days). I
>now see they charge, so upon some great advice a few weeks ago on this
>group, I have setup a voipstunt account, so before I credit, I read that if
>I topup every 4 months (10Euro) I will get 300mins a week free, and this
>will not dent my 10 euro???
>
>Any better deals before I do a paypal credit, also when I was going to pay
>by paypal It did not show up with the little yellow lock to indicate a
>secure connection when asking me for my paypal username and password??? I
>should be worried shouldn't I??

When you ask if there are any better deals you don't say for what.
Apart from the 300 mins a week are you looking at calling any other
types of number for example - and when will you be using those 300
mins - if off peak there may be a better solution. You need to give
more information if you want a better answer.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

PhilÅ

> mins - if off peak there may be a better solution. You need to give
> more information if you want a better answer.
>
> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Just to pick up the phone anytime and use normal local national landlines.
Would never call a mobile or non uk. I do have to call a 0870 quite a lot.?

Pete @ www.GymRatZ.co.uk

PhilÅ wrote:
>> mins - if off peak there may be a better solution. You need to give
>> more information if you want a better answer.
>>
>> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

> Just to pick up the phone anytime and use normal local national landlines.
> Would never call a mobile or non uk. I do have to call a 0870 quite a lot.?

I use voipcheap.com as most of our calls are to mobiles but they bill on
a per-minute basis (which I would thing voipstunt is the same)and I
have found it marginally (I believe)more beneficial to route 0870 and
0845 numbers through a UK provider that bills per second as from my
limited trials their rates are a tiny bit better for these calls and you
don't get stung for the extra 8p or whatever for the next full minute.

I use voipfone.co.uk for these calls and incoming calls oh and 0800
numbers which again, seem to get charged through voipcheap.com

I haven't checked rates for a while as everything has been working fine
for the last few months.

HTH
Pete
--
http://www.gymratz.co.uk
gym equipment, fitness equipment, bodybuilding supplements etc.

Brian A

On Tue, 01 May 2007 19:14:20 GMT, "PhilÅ" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>> mins - if off peak there may be a better solution. You need to give
>> more information if you want a better answer.
>>
>> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

>Just to pick up the phone anytime and use normal local national landlines.
>Would never call a mobile or non uk. I do have to call a 0870 quite a lot.?

Well, among others I'd consider voip.co.uk UK pack for standard
geographics. You could route to 18185, via their 0808 number, for
0870s - though someone may have a better answer for that.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Henry Hooray

"PhilÅ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gkMZh.6294$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> mins - if off peak there may be a better solution. You need to give
>> more information if you want a better answer.
>>
>> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

> Just to pick up the phone anytime and use normal local national landlines.
> Would never call a mobile or non uk. I do have to call a 0870 quite a
> lot.?

Whilst having a few VOIP numbers - which I also use - I find that many calls
can be made cheaper using my standard BT telephone, just with a dialled
prefix.

Check out this site:

http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/index.php

The site is highly respected, and the 'owner', Martin Lewis, is very often
on various BBC money programs.

Also have a look here:

http://www.saynoto0870.com/

The name kind of says it all. You can often find a landline number, which is
obviously much cheaper to use than the dreaded 0870 numbers.

Henry.

Ivor Jones

"Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_uLZh.2550$(E-Mail Removed)
> Hi, I was using sipgate for the free calls (if you credit
> every 90 days). I now see they charge, so upon some
> great advice a few weeks ago on this group, I have setup
> a voipstunt account, so before I credit, I read that if I
> topup every 4 months (10Euro) I will get 300mins a week
> free, and this will not dent my 10 euro???
> Any better deals before I do a paypal credit, also when I
> was going to pay by paypal It did not show up with the
> little yellow lock to indicate a secure connection when
> asking me for my paypal username and password??? I should
> be worried shouldn't I??

Eh..? Sipgate have always charged for PSTN calls, or am I missing
something..?

Ivor

PhilÅ

"Henry Hooray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "PhilÅ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:gkMZh.6294$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>> mins - if off peak there may be a better solution. You need to give
>>> more information if you want a better answer.
>>>
>>> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

>> Just to pick up the phone anytime and use normal local national
>> landlines. Would never call a mobile or non uk. I do have to call a 0870
>> quite a lot.?

> Whilst having a few VOIP numbers - which I also use - I find that many
> calls can be made cheaper using my standard BT telephone, just with a
> dialled prefix.
>
> Check out this site:
>
> http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/index.php
>
> The site is highly respected, and the 'owner', Martin Lewis, is very often
> on various BBC money programs.
>
> Also have a look here:
>
> http://www.saynoto0870.com/
>
> The name kind of says it all. You can often find a landline number, which
> is obviously much cheaper to use than the dreaded 0870 numbers.
>
> Henry.

I ditched my landline after I realised I was paying £11 per month to "rent a
line?"

Henry Hooray

"PhilÅ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:mu8_h.1631$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Henry Hooray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "PhilÅ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:gkMZh.6294$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Just to pick up the phone anytime and use normal local national
>>> landlines. Would never call a mobile or non uk. I do have to call a 0870
>>> quite a lot.?

>> Whilst having a few VOIP numbers - which I also use - I find that many
>> calls can be made cheaper using my standard BT telephone, just with a
>> dialled prefix.
>>
>> Check out this site:
>>
>> http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/index.php
>>
>> The site is highly respected, and the 'owner', Martin Lewis, is very
>> often on various BBC money programs.
>>
>> Also have a look here:
>>
>> http://www.saynoto0870.com/
>>
>> The name kind of says it all. You can often find a landline number, which
>> is obviously much cheaper to use than the dreaded 0870 numbers.
>>
>> Henry.

> I ditched my landline after I realised I was paying £11 per month to "rent
> a line?"

I find my landline useful for broadband.

Henry.

Phil

"Henry Hooray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "PhilÅ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:mu8_h.1631$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Henry Hooray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> "PhilÅ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:gkMZh.6294$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Whilst having a few VOIP numbers - which I also use - I find that many
>>> calls can be made cheaper using my standard BT telephone, just with a
>>> dialled prefix.
>>>
>>> Check out this site:
>>>
>>> http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/index.php
>>>
>>> The site is highly respected, and the 'owner', Martin Lewis, is very
>>> often on various BBC money programs.
>>>
>>> Also have a look here:
>>>
>>> http://www.saynoto0870.com/
>>>
>>> The name kind of says it all. You can often find a landline number,
>>> which is obviously much cheaper to use than the dreaded 0870 numbers.
>>>
>>> Henry.

>> I ditched my landline after I realised I was paying £11 per month to
>> "rent a line?"

> I find my landline useful for broadband.
>
> Henry.

I suppose I am fortunate to be in a Virgin Media Cabled area, a discounted
£10 PCM for all my BB and comms.