Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > help im lost

help im lost

=?Utf-8?B?TE9TVCBJTiBUWA==?=

hi i need some help finding out why my computer is know longer reading or
finding my dvd or cd rw drives. some times it does and some times it doesnt.
i have tryed to reboot my computer i have tried to start it up from another
time but nothing seems to be working.If anyone can help me plz do. im getting
frusterated and i cant seem to find anyone who can help me with out having to
spend money.
Stephanie

Tabasco1

"LOST IN TX" <LOST IN http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi i need some help finding out why my computer is know longer reading or
> finding my dvd or cd rw drives. some times it does and some times it

doesnt.
> i have tryed to reboot my computer i have tried to start it up from

another
> time but nothing seems to be working.If anyone can help me plz do. im

getting
> frusterated and i cant seem to find anyone who can help me with out having

> spend money.
> Stephanie

You didn't mention if any thing had changed on the system lately. For
example new hardware, new software even if you had been in the case for
maintenance.

Charles
Torrance, California
http://www.tcpslashipdomains.com
http://www.tcpslaship.com under construction

catwalker63

"Tabasco1" <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled ceaslessly in
newscaRc.2615$(E-Mail Removed):

> "LOST IN TX" <LOST IN (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> hi i need some help finding out why my computer is know longer
>> reading or finding my dvd or cd rw drives. some times it does and
>> some times it

> doesnt.
>> i have tryed to reboot my computer i have tried to start it up from

> another
>> time but nothing seems to be working.If anyone can help me plz do. im

> getting
>> frusterated and i cant seem to find anyone who can help me with out
>> having

>> spend money.
>> Stephanie

> You didn't mention if any thing had changed on the system lately. For
> example new hardware, new software even if you had been in the case
> for maintenance.
>

> Charles
> Torrance, California
> http://www.tcpslashipdomains.com
> http://www.tcpslaship.com under construction

Also, what OS?

Have you tried reloading drivers? Updating the drivers? Are both drives
on the same controller? Have you tried changing the controller? Have
you tried reseating the controller or reconnecting the drives? Do you
have another computer you can test the drives in?

--
Kelley
aka Catwalker

"I hate the fact that you people don't salute me!"

>im getting
>frusterated and i cant seem to find anyone who can help me with out having to
>spend money.
>Stephanie

most importantly, does your hairdryer still work?

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

billyw

hi steph
long time no see

"LOST IN TX" <LOST IN (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi i need some help finding out why my computer is know longer reading or
> finding my dvd or cd rw drives. some times it does and some times it

doesnt.
> i have tryed to reboot my computer i have tried to start it up from

another
> time but nothing seems to be working.If anyone can help me plz do. im

getting
> frusterated and i cant seem to find anyone who can help me with out having

> spend money.
> Stephanie

kpg

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\139990.htm (8/9/2004 10:17:40

AM) #
> >im getting
> >frusterated and i cant seem to find anyone who can help me with out

having to
> >spend money.
> >Stephanie

> most importantly, does your hairdryer still work?
>
> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Because he's furry - right?

kp "trying to follow along" g

>> >im getting
>> >frusterated and i cant seem to find anyone who can help me with out

>having to
>> >spend money.
>> >Stephanie

>> most importantly, does your hairdryer still work?
>>
>> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

>Because he's furry - right?

lol!

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Jose Samuel

Check the cables...

"LOST IN TX" <LOST IN (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi i need some help finding out why my computer is know longer reading or
> finding my dvd or cd rw drives. some times it does and some times it

doesnt.
> i have tryed to reboot my computer i have tried to start it up from

another
> time but nothing seems to be working.If anyone can help me plz do. im

getting
> frusterated and i cant seem to find anyone who can help me with out having

> spend money.
> Stephanie

>Check the cables...

what, to her hairdryer?